Author Topic: Perseverance Mars Rover  (Read 1633 times)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: Perseverance Mars Rover
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2020, 08:09:20 AM »
NASA’s Perseverance rover is set for launch Thursday from Cape Canaveral during a two-hour window opening at 7:50 a.m. EDT (1150 GMT). A United Launch Alliance Atlas 5 rocket will fire spacecraft away from Earth with a relative velocity of 24,785 mph, or about 11 kilometers per second.

That’s enough speed to break free of Earth’s gravitational grip and speed toward Mars, aiming for the point in space where the Red Planet will be Feb. 18, 2021, the Mars 2020 mission’s designated landing date.
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2020, 01:30:57 PM »
War of the Worlds  reversed... If you were a Martian looking towards earth today you might see three separate rockets headed for your planet...  :D

The USA joined China and UAE with a probe to Mars today... all should arrive around February...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2020, 01:04:43 PM »
Cool video of launch from the rocket...  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NAkEOHhYuSo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NAkEOHhYuSo</a>