Author Topic: 4 racial protests and riots from Jacksonville's past  (Read 1748 times)

bill

Re: 4 racial protests and riots from Jacksonville's past
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2020, 09:31:34 PM »
Expecting issues in San Marco tonight?

I expect as many issues as David Dorn references.
Yeah, only some black lives matter

MusicMan

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2020, 09:43:54 PM »
Most of San Marco is on fire right now. Antifa took over the whole thing and what was a peaceful march turned into a Lenny Curry nightmare.

NOT.

Florida Power And Light

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2020, 09:52:36 PM »
Escalating Protest Folk and at least one Rioter progress:
NFL Shad informed City Of Jacksonville Waterway Downtown Facility Dock no longer available for the Tiny Yacht.

Jax NFL Yacht takes up way too much space, demand by others with lesser size vessels, the 99% of Regional boat owners, demand access to coveted Downtown Waterfront Docks, even if rarely used.

Avondale Shoppes Burn, rather than Shoppes Owners on scene to “ Defend”, at least one Business Owner encouraged entry and result, while musing over Justice and Insurance/ Agreed Value settlement.
 Residential areas Good.

Tongue In Cheek  Journalistic ..... oh shucks, I forget the Term

« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 10:30:00 PM by Florida Power And Light »

Peter Griffin

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2020, 10:11:51 PM »
Escalating Protestor and at least one Rioter progress:
NFL Shad informed City Of Jacksonville Waterway Downtown Facility Dock no longer available for the Tiny Yacht.

Jax NFL Yacht takes up way too much space, demand by others with lesser size vessels, the 99% of Regional boat owners, demand access to coveted Downtown Waterfront Docks, even if rarely used.

Avondale Shoppes Burn, Residential areas Good.

Bro, what?

I feel like we're both having a stroke when you post sometimes...

What happened to the yacht? What happened in Avondale? I was just by there a few hours ago and nothing was going on

Florida Power And Light

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2020, 10:34:44 PM »
Escalating Protest Folk and at least one Rioter progress:

Avondale Shoppes Burn, rather than Shoppes Owners on scene to “ Defend”, at least one Business Owner encouraged entry and result, while musing over Justice and Insurance/ Agreed Value settlement.
 Residential areas Good.

Tongue In Cheek  Journalistic ..... oh shucks, I forget the Term

Peter Griffin

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2020, 10:57:40 PM »
If so, November could be transformational. If not, things will get visibly worse before they get better.

Yeah, all we gotta do is vote in the guy who... helped author the 1994 "Tough On Crime" bill.

No wait! Biden sucks, but we can vote in a bunch of good democrats... who historically receive lots of funding from police unions...

It's almost like the politicians don't really work for the interest of the people. Black, white, brown, they don't care. The only color that seems to matter in America is green

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2020, 06:41:25 AM »
If you want legislation passed to change things, you make that your platform and vote people into office, both local and national, willing to change things. This is way bigger than Biden and Trump. In regards to those two, at their age, VP should be a major concern. Don't forget about local elections either. They tend to directly impact you more.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2020, 06:42:46 AM »
Expecting issues in San Marco tonight?

I expect as many issues as David Dorn references.

Apparently it was a very peaceful march. Extremely encouraging...  I have no idea who David Dorn is... please enlighten me...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

JaxAvondale

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2020, 07:33:57 AM »
Most of these marches and protests have been peaceful.

I-10east

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2020, 08:48:06 AM »
Most of San Marco is on fire right now. Antifa took over the whole thing and what was a peaceful march turned into a Lenny Curry nightmare.

NOT.
That is happening in many other cities though... Luckily our government is anti-anarchist (that can't be said for NY). Jax has a history of peaceful protest; the worst day one (after the peaceful protest) was driven by out of town agitators with tons of funding. The riots are obviously heavily astroturfed (piles of 'riot ready' bricks in many cities etc).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 09:11:38 AM by I-10east »

I-10east

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2020, 08:55:27 AM »
On the other side of I-10 Santa Monica, CA, wow....Very impressive footage of surging anarchy there. This is something out of an action movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3w80wo-Zq0

JaxAvondale

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2020, 10:05:55 AM »

NOT.
That is happening in many other cities though... Luckily our government is anti-anarchist (that can't be said for NY). Jax has a history of peaceful protest; the worst day one (after the peaceful protest) was driven by out of town agitators with tons of funding. The riots are obviously heavily astroturfed (piles of 'riot ready' bricks in many cities etc).

Where do you think these bricks are coming from?

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2020, 10:16:50 AM »

NOT.

Where do you think these bricks are coming from?

It's been debunked, but I wouldn't waste my time with this.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

MandarinNole

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2020, 10:18:40 AM »
The vast majority of protestors are peaceful protestors with a goal in mind.  There is a small percentage of people that are extreme and it appears that there are some people that are agitators working to undercut the protests by fueling the flames of the detractors.

If you cannot see this while also claiming that all cops aren't bad, and you don't recognize the internal hypocrisy, then there is no help for you.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2020, 11:20:19 AM »
BTW, the group doing this stuff appears to be a huge conglomerate - of different organizational names.  It's the same core group of people, but they go by ANTIFA, JCAC, Take Em Down Jax, and a few others by now.  Google their names and follow the leads to their other Facebook pages.

I've covered two of these marches and was downtown during the riot on Saturday night and have met a number of the people in the local organizations. I can confirm that neither JCAC or Take Em Down Jax are synonymous with Antifa. The Jacksonville Community Action Committee is an African-American group that does community organizing and hosts protests and marches. Take Em Down Jax is a group dedicated to removing Confederate monuments. Some of the same people are involved in both and other groups such as the Northside Coalition. Antifa has become something of a boogeyman but as far as I can tell none of these protests have had anything to do with Antifa.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?