Author Topic: eTown: Jacksonville's newest master-planned community  (Read 1420 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
eTown: Jacksonville's newest master-planned community
« on: April 17, 2020, 06:59:15 PM »

Built upon the core principles of community, technology, convenience and sustainability, eTown is well on its way to becoming Jacksonville's most popular master-planned community.

Read More: https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/etown-jacksonvilles-newest-master-planned-community/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

jaxlongtimer

Re: eTown: Jacksonville's newest master-planned community
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 09:10:51 PM »
Not sure this is much different than Nocatee but no surprise as same developer.

Question:  Why wouldn't they put the apartments contiguous to the retail area instead of in between single family homes (per the map)?  Seems putting such density within walkable distance would make more sense than abutting retail with suburban style homes.  Help me out here.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 09:38:08 PM »
Yes, it's pretty similar to Nocatee. I doubt the Village Center develops into what an urbanist would consider to the walkable. Likely closer to Nocatee Town Center than Tapestry Park. With that said, the apartment complex that's built is located in the Village Center area.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 10:36:42 PM »
Yes, it's pretty similar to Nocatee. I doubt the Village Center develops into what an urbanist would consider to the walkable. Likely closer to Nocatee Town Center than Tapestry Park. With that said, the apartment complex that's built is located in the Village Center area.

Noted.  To be clear, the apartments I was referring to are designated on the map with a blue arrow as "E Town Apartments" near the center of the development tract.

Snaketoz

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 08:50:59 AM »
The single family homes are close to being apartments.  Lots are 40' wide and up.  A mower over 20" wide will have problems squeezing between homes.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 09:01:53 AM »

Noted.  To be clear, the apartments I was referring to are designated on the map with a blue arrow as "E Town Apartments" near the center of the development tract.

Pretty sure that's the amenity center. It was under construction when I rode through there the other week.

tufsu1

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 08:11:43 PM »
It looks so exciting

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2020, 10:17:47 PM »
If you like wide sidewalks and shared use paths, but not really about that urban life and the gritty setting, it's the place for you.

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2020, 11:23:17 PM »
For any map geeks, the streets that exist so far got photomapped last month.  If you've ever wanted to add new streets to Open Street Maps, now's your chance.  :)

https://www.mapillary.com/app/?lat=30.17399166666667&lng=-81.50817777777777&z=17&pKey=3Wf58Btc-r0_Mn6kDh31qQ&focus=photo&x=0.5161962316713748&y=0.6295849083555932&zoom=0

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 07:59:24 AM »
That is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

tufsu1

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2020, 08:20:32 AM »
If you like wide sidewalks and shared use paths, but not really about that urban life and the gritty setting, it's the place for you.

I like palm trees!

marcuscnelson

• Generation Z - Totally Screwed
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2020, 07:57:55 AM »

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2020, 08:49:31 AM »
Sounds about right. Definitely expect similar development to sprout around this expressway interchange.

marcuscnelson

• Generation Z - Totally Screwed
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2020, 10:02:44 AM »
I wonder if the Baptist Health facility will end up with a YMCA. That seems to be all the rage right now in Nocatee and Murabella.