Author Topic: Lots of speeding with reduced traffic on Hendricks Ave  (Read 901 times)

MusicMan

Lots of speeding with reduced traffic on Hendricks Ave
« on: April 07, 2020, 07:02:40 PM »
Can't help but notice 55 to 60 mph appears to be the new normal on Hendricks Ave between Emerson and The Square.  Wonder when a speed trap will appear.

sandyshoes

Re: Lots of speeding with reduced traffic on Hendricks Ave
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 07:20:28 PM »
Same in the Southside yesterday, too.  Got passed on Terry Rd. (double yellow lines) by someone obviously important and in a hurry.  Also saw some New York plates later in the morning.  Guess they quarantined in their cars. 

Charles Hunter

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 08:10:30 PM »
Yesterday, saw a lone FHP cycle cop checking speed on the Southside Connector. At least he was on "up" side of the Tredinick overpass, and not at the bottom (like some do).

tufsu1

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 08:29:30 PM »
Can't help but notice 55 to 60 mph appears to be the new normal on Hendricks Ave between Emerson and The Square.  Wonder when a speed trap will appear.

I drove it this afternoon and actually found people, including me, driving slower than normal. Many of us aren't in a rush these days.

MusicMan

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 09:25:03 PM »
I walk it a lot, before Corona and after. So I'm observing less traffic (by far) in general and maybe the speeders are standing out more than usual. Guy in a McLaren or Ferrari today (grey) really moving, but it's big trucks and motorcycles as well. Plus all the nice expensive cars.
Just my observation...

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 09:07:35 AM »
I can say anecdotally this is definitely the case on San Jose by Bolles. I live two houses in off of San Jose so hearing road noise isn't unusual, but it's been crazy lately.