Author Topic: Daily’s may open Downtown gas station and convenience store  (Read 1412 times)

jaxlongtimer

Re: Daily’s may open Downtown gas station and convenience store
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2020, 11:43:07 PM »
^Like your picture, I saw a station in Manhattan of similar style.  The only picture I could find is the one below.  Not sure if this is the same one (this is also in Manhattan) that I recall, but if not, it is very close to the image I had in mind.  Shows what can be done if a little creativity is applied.  Unfortunately, that is in short supply in Jacksonville  :(

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2020, 07:39:30 AM »
^Those were in Jax too. That's what gas stations used to look like 80 years ago. We tore our gas stations like that down decades ago.

.J. Daley, Inc. in LaVilla in 1940. Courtesy of the State Archives of Florida

I seriously doubt Daily's will build anything like that. The most "urban" thing they've done around here is the gas station off Atlantic in San Marco. Even that would be a horrible use of a full or half downtown city block.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2020, 07:15:18 PM »

It's good to see folks getting uppity over a gas station.  Things are returning to normal.  :)

Charles Hunter

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2020, 08:11:51 PM »
Hey!  That last picture is of a Daley's!!  OK, the spelling is different.