Author Topic: Jax and Coronavirus  (Read 100038 times)

Ken_FSU

Re: Jax and Coronavirus
« Reply #540 on: April 24, 2021, 05:46:55 PM »
Sold out full capacity Machine Gun Kelly show at Daily’s Place last night.

https://youtu.be/yoYciyilyPc?t=5950

Sold out UFC show at VyStar Arena tonight.

Pretty historic weekend for Jax in terms of returning to some semblance of pre-pandemic normalcy.

Two months ago, I would have hated the idea of full capacity shows.

At this point, we’ve got a vaccine that’s proven to be insanely effective at preventing hospitalizations, deaths, and even mild infections. And, at least in Jax, it feels like 99.9% of those who want a vaccine have had the opportunity to get it.

I think we’ve reached a point locally where I’ve got no real issue with leaving things up to personal responsibility. You get sick because you don’t believe in science, that’s on you. Personally don’t see a need to wait around for another few months for the “wait and see” vaccine crowd to make up their minds.

Of course, if we start seeing an upsurge in breakthrough cases in the vaccinated, an upsurge in cases in the <16 crowd transmitted by vaccinated carriers, or capacity issues at local hospitals, we would obviously need to reevaluate.

Congrats all for making it through the ‘demic locally. A year ago, it felt like things would never be return to where they are today.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 05:49:38 PM by Ken_FSU »

Lunican

• The Jaxson
« Reply #541 on: September 16, 2021, 03:54:39 PM »
Florida hit 50,000 covid deaths today.

Lunican

• The Jaxson
« Reply #542 on: October 07, 2021, 10:29:38 AM »

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #543 on: October 07, 2021, 01:44:10 PM »
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?