Author Topic: Jax and Coronavirus  (Read 24018 times)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: Jax and Coronavirus
« Reply #195 on: April 07, 2020, 05:12:16 PM »
New experience for my wife and I... she had never purchased and used hair color in a box. She recruited me to apply the concoction. I am happy to report that the exercise was a success. Perhaps I will try nails next...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Ken_FSU

« Reply #196 on: April 07, 2020, 05:16:09 PM »
Adam, so sorry to hear it buddy :(

Thinking about you and your family.

In terms of the cough, like Sandy said above, try not to panic. About 94% of people getting tested in Jax are coming back negative, so there's a LOT of other germs floating around in addition to covid.

Stay strong!

I'm hanging in there, still healthy and employed, which I do not take for granted and considerate myself really lucky for, but man is the cabin fever ever setting in. I'm not meant to work from home.

I've got a six year old home with me too and even though she's my favorite person in the world and I love her dearly, but it's hard to keep them occupied 24 hours a day.

Can't wait until things open back up.

Genuinely miss being downtown every day and interacting with humans.

You take people for granted when you see them ever day.

Like the Hemming Park staff, or the Vagabond guys, or the staff at Bellwether, even the attendants in the parking garage.

Ken_FSU

« Reply #197 on: April 07, 2020, 05:16:37 PM »
New experience for my wife and I... she had never purchased and used hair color in a box. She recruited me to apply the concoction. I am happy to report that the exercise was a success. Perhaps I will try nails next...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #198 on: April 07, 2020, 05:34:12 PM »
Adam, so sorry to hear it buddy :(

Thinking about you and your family.

In terms of the cough, like Sandy said above, try not to panic. About 94% of people getting tested in Jax are coming back negative, so there's a LOT of other germs floating around in addition to covid.

Stay strong!

I'm hanging in there, still healthy and employed, which I do not take for granted and considerate myself really lucky for, but man is the cabin fever ever setting in. I'm not meant to work from home.

I've got a six year old home with me too and even though she's my favorite person in the world and I love her dearly, but it's hard to keep them occupied 24 hours a day.

Can't wait until things open back up.

Genuinely miss being downtown every day and interacting with humans.

You take people for granted when you see them ever day.

Like the Hemming Park staff, or the Vagabond guys, or the staff at Bellwether, even the attendants in the parking garage.

Thanks guys. I am not too worried about the cough, tbh. I may have already had this virus two weeks ago (of course, I have no idea, as I cannot get tested). The cough is weird though, as I can't quite figure out what is causing it.

On the upside, my two year old got chickenpox (and is now over them) and we're pretty sure the six year old will be next. I guess there's no better time to get this over with than now!

I hope all of you guys are being safe. The worst part about all of this (other than the worry, really) is the fact that it's so open-ended. We just don't know how long this is going to go on for. Everything seems so uncertain right now - who is going to get the virus, who is going to die, how long it is going to go on for, what the world or economy is going to look like when it finally lets up, whether it will come back again, etc. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #199 on: April 07, 2020, 05:36:24 PM »
Checking In Safe for the moment.
Lenny Smash

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2020, 04:23:37 AM »
Can I just assume that everybody has been watching/has watched Tiger King?
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #201 on: April 08, 2020, 06:30:35 AM »
One episode left to watch...  Moving on to Ozark... 8)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Charles Hunter

« Reply #202 on: April 08, 2020, 07:57:55 AM »

Nope.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2020, 08:00:51 AM »
Watched the entire thing one night this past weekend.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Gambit80

« Reply #204 on: April 08, 2020, 08:17:38 AM »
Made it through one episode. Not sure I will finish it. Ozark on the other hand, outstanding!

Peter Griffin

« Reply #205 on: April 08, 2020, 08:37:29 AM »

I trusted my sister to buzz my head. She did a pretty good job until she started trimming flyaways with the guard off and BUZZZT...she took a big ole chunk out of the hair on the side of my head. I look like I got hit by a shovel. For the first time I'm grateful that I'm not allowed to be sociable

vicupstate

« Reply #206 on: April 08, 2020, 08:58:40 AM »

I trusted my sister to buzz my head. She did a pretty good job until she started trimming flyaways with the guard off and BUZZZT...she took a big ole chunk out of the hair on the side of my head. I look like I got hit by a shovel. For the first time I'm grateful that I'm not allowed to be sociable

She needs to take off the guard and do your whole head now.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

Ken_FSU

« Reply #207 on: April 08, 2020, 09:06:00 AM »
One episode left to watch...  Moving on to Ozark... 8)

Blasted through TIger King, now enjoying the hell out of Ozark as well.

50 years from now when science looks back on the covid-19 crisis, one of the biggest mysteries of all is going to be, "What about this particular strain of coronavirus made REO Speedwagon trend so high on Spotify during the peak of the outbreak?"

Peter Griffin

« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2020, 09:16:04 AM »

She needs to take off the guard and do your whole head now.
I'm not letting her near my head with a pair of clippers again anytime soon  ;D

Steve

• The Jaxson