Author Topic: Jax and Coronavirus  (Read 23767 times)

tufsu1

Re: Jax and Coronavirus
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2020, 03:56:48 PM »
China and Europe have recovered numbers. I think it's just too soon to list people as recovered in the U.S.

The Hopkins website has begun to show recoveries for the US - but only at the national level

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2020, 06:34:01 PM »
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2020, 06:37:23 PM »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 06:39:04 PM by BridgeTroll »
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Snaketoz

« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2020, 07:38:02 PM »
The devil made him do it!

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2020, 11:08:55 PM »
On a serious note, the estimated peak for Florida is looking pretty ugly.

Do you have a link to this estimate?

Oops. Thought I linked it. This one is based upon peak hospital resources...US at 4/15 while Florida is 5/3(!).

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

FTU has an article up on projected deaths by August:

https://www.jacksonville.com/news/20200330/coronavirus-deaths-in-florida-projected-to-hit-6766-by-august
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Charles Hunter

« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2020, 11:13:38 AM »
Curry issues "Safer At Home" order, beginning 12:01 AM Friday
https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/04/01/mayor-curry-issuing-safer-at-home-order-for-jacksonville/

Even now, not everyone is doing their part to flatten the curve,” the mayor said. “So for this downward trend to continue, we must remain vigilant and do more to protect our city. To that end, effective Friday at 12:01 a.m., I’m issuing a new safer-at-home executive order mandating that citizens stay in their homes except for critical and essential needs.”

Essential businesses will continue to operate, Curry said. These include health care providers, grocery stores, gas stations, media organizations, banks and financial institutions and assisted-living facilities, among others.

“While we are confident that citizens will be much safer at home in the coming weeks, I want to make it clear that this executive order does not restrict people’s ability to go outside to take a walk or ride a bike," the mayor said. “This only prevents residents from traveling to businesses deemed nonessential.”

Complete list of essential services and businesses: https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/04/01/what-is-considered-an-essential-business/

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2020, 11:36:35 AM »
Agree with Curry here. I'll say again: My opinion of him has done a complete 180 over the last few months. I still think the JEA fiasco needs to be investigates and his downtown Khanville philosophy is, well, odd. But, he's handled this thing as well as I think he could have.

DeSantis has taken a step back IMO. He was slow to respond, seemed to catch up and do a little better, then recently has seemed to be timid, waiting on Trump's lead. This isn't the time to wait on someone else.

Trump, well, has been as I expected him to be. Pence has done a better job IMO (never saw that coming). Thank god Trump seems to be listening to Fauci and Birx.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2020, 11:47:16 AM »
Here is the official list of businesses that have to close starting Friday:

Charles Hunter

« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2020, 12:03:58 PM »
^ No, there are some business that will have to close - retail stores that don't sell one of the many "essential" things.  Now, could a clothing store add "cell phone chargers" or "handi-wipes" and become "essential"?  Or, scarves or bandanas as "CDC Covid Masks"?

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2020, 12:16:50 PM »
^ No, there are some business that will have to close - retail stores that don't sell one of the many "essential" things.  Now, could a clothing store add "cell phone chargers" or "handi-wipes" and become "essential"?  Or, scarves or bandanas as "CDC Covid Masks"?

Evidently, your sense of humor was all ready shut down.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2020, 12:24:41 PM »
Here is the official list of businesses that have to close starting Friday:

LOL, that was my initial thought when I read through the press release.

Ken_FSU

« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2020, 12:34:17 PM »
Baffling that bookstores, for example, are deemed nonessential, but you can still walk into a gun store and get an AK-47.

This isn't Jacksonville-specific, seems to be happening all over the country.

Charles Hunter

« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2020, 12:52:44 PM »

I had hoped the last part of my comment expressed some humor. Apparently not.  Guess I am just not in your league.   :P

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2020, 03:26:36 PM »

I had hoped the last part of my comment expressed some humor. Apparently not.  Guess I am just not in your league.   :P

Few are. :)

MusicMan

« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2020, 04:40:34 PM »
I'm pretty effing certain I can figure out on my own what businesses are "essential" and which ones are  not.

This is the scariest part of this BS.  Hope YOUR business is not on the list.....   Boy Jeff Bezos (and the NRA) gotta be loving this.

Taking a poll: a liquor store IS or IS NOT essential?