Author Topic: Bread & Board Provisions: The downtown bodega we've all been waiting for??  (Read 1674 times)

Captain Zissou

Bread & Board just announced on their facebook that they are opening a new restaurant and marketplace in the Vystar campus downtown.  I have personally been wanting a bodega/grab & go restaurant to open downtown for a while.  Think Urban Grind but 4-5 times the size.

Vendors for the marketplace include: Good Dough, Alewife Craft Beer & Bottle Shop, Bee Friends Farm, Saturiwa Trading Co, Bark on Park.

I can't wait to see how this turns out!!

Wacca Pilatka

Now that is a nice amenity to have!
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

Steve

• The Jaxson
Yep. Looks like it's going to be at the corner of Laura and Bay. Perfect spot.

I mean, it's no Lenny's Lawn but I guess it will do.

Tacachale

• Administrator
Bread & Board restaurant and market coming Downtown

Five Points eatery The Bread & Board is bringing a new restaurant and specialty market, Bread & Board Provisions, to the ground floor of the VyStar Credit Union building at 100 West Bay Street.

Read more: https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/bread-board-restaurant-and-market-coming-downtown/
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

I-10east

I take it that this kind of 'bodega' isn't gonna be like the NYC convenience stores with 40 ounce malt liquors, expired merchandise, and fluent Spanish spoken.

Ken_FSU

Can't think of a short-term project I'm more excited for.

Laura's showing some good signs of life this month.

VyStar is being corporate citizen of the year and digging in with their campus.

Bread & Board and the Provisions market are moving in.

The rooftop bar originally proposed for Indigo is being planned by Vystar.

The new garage finally looks to be moving forward, as does the Chamblin's apartments/restaurant.

Chase and Vagabond have their signage up in the windows of the Barnett.

Jumpin Jax (technically just off Laura) has been packed at lunch in its new location.

Despite the city doing everything it can to shit the bed with hasty demolition, political gamesmanship, delusional RFPs, promises of grand gamechangers, and the endless brigade of clown cars plummeting into the St. Johns River, the private sector continues to drag downtown forward, one small but important victory at a time.

Could you imagine where we'd be if the public sector was actually rowing with, rather than against, the CBD?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
We wouldn't need to give out the level of incentives for projects that we do now and more people (even those not politically connected) would prosper.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

MusicMan

I know you 2 are busy but we could really use you on City Council.

bl8jaxnative

What sort of deal is Vystar giving these places to move in?

Tacachale

• Administrator
What sort of deal is Vystar giving these places to move in?

A rental agreement.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

bl8jaxnative

#dadJoke #groaner

:-)

I'm curious since it's common for deals to be cut to attract certain businesses.  For example, is Vystar giving them the space?   It's not unheard of for big employers or people with high end condos / apts to not charge market rates or give away the space for free.  They see it as an employee perk or something to attract people to a place. 

aubureck

The Urban Planner

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Glad to see it moving forward. I'd love to see the DIA get a bit more aggressive with activating the immediate area by working with the owners of the BOA Tower and Wells Fargo Center to better integrate and activate their street level retail spaces with the environment surrounding them.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali