Author Topic: Publix - East San Marco  (Read 11192 times)

bl8jaxnative

Re: Publix - East San Marco
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2020, 03:09:38 PM »

I do feel bad when people don't realize all the costs involved.

I'm not surprised at the pricing on those homes.  Gotta give some props to the developers who realized the last thing Florida needed was more housing on golf course.

Anywhoooooooooooooooo................ as others noted before, there's 2 piles of dirt at the san marco publix site

acme54321

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2020, 10:55:28 PM »
Come on man, there has to be at least 12 piles!   ;D

Jagsdrew

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2020, 02:27:21 PM »
Heard thru the grapevine that lululemon will be going in the San Marco square where Dancing Elephant used to be. Anyone else hear this?
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

realestatejax

« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2020, 10:46:40 AM »
Heard thru the grapevine that lululemon will be going in the San Marco square where Dancing Elephant used to be. Anyone else hear this?

That seems to be the word on the street...

Steve

• The Jaxson

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2020, 03:28:27 PM »
About time!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

acme54321

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2020, 06:10:42 PM »
Impossible.

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2020, 12:35:01 AM »

Sure would have been nice to line the rest of Hendricks with retail.  It would be facing the rest of the retail across the street and in the square adding some nice synergistic energy to the corridor.  At least have retail at the corner of Hendricks and Alford as traffic from the south approaches the property. 

Can they go back and add these retail opportunities later?

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2020, 09:24:30 AM »
^Anything’s possible. Looks like you could fit about a 2k sq/ft building there while only losing 3-4 parking spaces. You’d just need to figure out somewhere else to put the dumpsters.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2020, 05:59:18 PM »
Chance for future infill, I guess.
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2020, 08:31:50 PM »
I doubt it will happen as long as a Publix is there. Publix needs a certain amount of parking spaces. Adding an additional building would take that away, while adding the need for more parking to accommodate the additional retail square footage.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2020, 09:37:15 PM »
I doubt it will happen as long as a Publix is there. Publix needs a certain amount of parking spaces. Adding an additional building would take that away, while adding the need for more parking to accommodate the additional retail square footage.

I don't know how many spaces are in this garage on the first level but the Publix in Riverside and Fresh Market in Brooklyn don't seem to have an overabundance of spaces.  That said, it takes some patience to get a space at those stores but given shoppers seem to turnover pretty quickly at grocery stores, on average, it doesn't take long to find a space opening up.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2020, 12:15:53 AM »
^The 28k square foot Riverside store is one of their smaller models. There's enough parking there for it. When I worked for a firm that designed stores for them, they had a certain number of off-street spaces they required based off the square footage of the store. I don't know Fresh Market's model.

Ken_FSU

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2020, 01:22:36 PM »
Misread this exchange and thought Ennis was just really excited about the new Lululemon.

Never struck me as a Lulu guy  ;D

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2020, 09:13:47 PM »

To that point, the only way I could see this is if somehow the parking was retained. For example, second floor
shops/offices with parking (shrouded) on the ground floor.