Author Topic: Publix - East San Marco  (Read 9923 times)

sandyshoes

Re: Publix - East San Marco
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2020, 09:32:19 AM »
Matt, another calculation you may want to consider before the move is how to set up re-occurring shipments of Good Dough...you may even want to invest in a separate freezer!

vicupstate

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2020, 11:42:14 AM »
Matt, please PM me before you visit. I could give you an in-depth tour complete with a lot of back story. It would be my pleasure.   

That would be great. I sent you a pm message about a month ago. I just figured you blew me off  :)

I humbly apologize.  I very rarely get a PM thru here and did not notice that small 'Message' link had a number by it. I have PMed you back. I would be happy to share any info with you are anyone else on here.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2020, 02:59:11 PM »
Greenville!? What happened to Charleston?
The good news, in our limited exposure, we think Greenville is great, appears to be much better now, and am blown away at the current construction.The bad news is that it may be Greenville or bust as we are not sure if we could ever consider a smaller town. But we are completely flexible on time so once the virus is hopefully behind us, we will be making quire a free trips to the area and will hit some of the smaller towns since we know nothing about them.

Spent a good amount of time in So. Carolina.  Big changes from the backward state of my childhood.  Charleston, Greenville and Columbia are all on a roll.  Any one of them offers great living possibilities.  If you are going inland, you might check out Columbia just to have a comparison to benchmark Greenville by.  Columbia also offers a state capital, Congaree Natiional Park, an amazing zoo and gardens and the Univ. of So. Carolina.  Greenville is closer to the mountains, Asheville and Clemson.  If you want to look at a smaller town near Greenville, check out Anderson (It even has a nice historic downtown main street along the lines of a Fernandina but maybe a little less sophisticated/more laid back).  If Charleston is still in the mix, check out Beaufort, another historic town from the 1700's (and location of the Big Chill and much of Forest Gump movies).

acme54321

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2020, 08:51:22 PM »
They've been piling up more fill dirt on the site this week  :o

MusicMan

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2020, 03:56:29 PM »
It's coming from the Aldi's site on Emerson!  Which is moving real fast  BTW.

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2020, 05:10:59 PM »

What's the over / under in Las Vegas that Publix will not only build but alsogross more than $3M in rev at it's new Beachwalk store before the San Marco publix is opened?

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2020, 09:27:45 PM »
From where I am, down the street from Beachwalk: oh yeah.
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2020, 10:02:53 AM »
y'all piqued my curiosity so I looked up this Beachwalk development. Looks like you can't really walk to any beach eh?

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2020, 10:25:13 AM »
y'all piqued my curiosity so I looked up this Beachwalk development. Looks like you can't really walk to any beach eh?

I think this is the one where they "built" a fake beach.

marcuscnelson

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2020, 02:01:00 PM »
Ahem, the proper term is "Crystal Lagoon."
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2020, 04:34:07 PM »
Ahem, the proper term is "Crystal Lagoon."

It's a man-made 14 acre "lagoon" using a process to create "Caribbean blue" water with a shoreline of beach sand.  Based on the pricing I have seen in their marketing materials, they are selling "beach-side" homes for prices not much less than true ocean front  8).

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2020, 05:14:51 PM »
I refuse to refer to anything that isn't a smaller body of water narrowly separated from a larger one a "lagoon".
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Charles Hunter

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2020, 05:39:42 PM »
I refuse to refer to anything that isn't a smaller body of water narrowly separated from a larger one a "lagoon".

But, in the real estate brochures and videos, "lagoon" sounds so much better than "retention pond" or "borrow pit."

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2020, 06:02:08 PM »
Thanks guys! Yes I do recall this place being pitched some years ago.

marcuscnelson

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2020, 11:07:21 PM »
It's a man-made 14 acre "lagoon" using a process to create "Caribbean blue" water with a shoreline of beach sand.  Based on the pricing I have seen in their marketing materials, they are selling "beach-side" homes for prices not much less than true ocean front  8).

Some people on Nextdoor here are pissed how expensive the "beach" memberships are. Something about $5,000 initiation fees and $250 monthly amenity fees, and $1,500 lagoon access fees.