Author Topic: Publix - East San Marco  (Read 1522 times)

Kerry

Re: Publix - East San Marco
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 11:25:43 PM »
You can go to YouTube and search cart escalator.

https://youtu.be/L4Za6UxZ204
Third Place

Bativac

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 01:27:00 AM »
OK so we are going to get a Publix eventually. This Publix will be built above a parking lot, for all practical purposes on the second floor of a building, How does a shopper get to their car ( on the lower floor) with a cart full of groceries? Take an elevator? An escalator? Or a ramp?
The plan is to park on the ground floor, correct?  Can you show some pictures of how this little detail is handled at the other Publix built this way please.

I live next to a Whole Foods built over a garage (and at the bottom of a huge apartment building). There's a handy cart escalator which everyone who drives uses. Walk up a ramp, go down the cart escalator. Easy peasy

Peter Griffin

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 07:40:41 AM »
OK so we are going to get a Publix eventually. This Publix will be built above a parking lot, for all practical purposes on the second floor of a building, How does a shopper get to their car ( on the lower floor) with a cart full of groceries? Take an elevator? An escalator? Or a ramp?
The plan is to park on the ground floor, correct?  Can you show some pictures of how this little detail is handled at the other Publix built this way please.

The Publix at the Aventura Mall near Hollywood, FL is built like this. They have really big elevators down to the garage. It's a super busy store but it works well, just gotta have elevator manners

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2020, 07:48:47 AM »
Pretty sure the plan is 4 large elevators, but personally I’m a fan of the cart escalator. Saw one for the first time in a Target like 20 years ago.

CityLife

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2020, 08:57:16 AM »
Of the two Targets I go to, one is at grade with surface parking and one is on a second floor in a parking garage. I prefer the parking garage one. There's no risk of rain and you don't get the heat island effect in the summer. I would have to imagine it's more effective at loss prevention as well, since you aren't able to exit as quickly.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 09:26:42 AM by CityLife »

Captain Zissou

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2020, 09:21:59 AM »
The Publix at the Aventura Mall near Hollywood, FL is built like this. They have really big elevators down to the garage. It's a super busy store but it works well, just gotta have elevator manners

That is also a Regency Centers property and one of the inspirations for this configuration.