Author Topic: Jaguars already planning Phase II for Lot J development  (Read 13091 times)

Charles Hunter

Re: Jaguars already planning Phase II for Lot J development
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2020, 10:14:53 AM »
^ also long term - since it was built 50+ years ago, the bridge structure would have needed significant rehabilitation funds

Prior to the demolition project, there was no rehab project in the FDOT's 5-year work program. That means the bridge inspection reports must not have been showing any structural problems. If a bridge report shows a bridge to be structurally deficient, FDOT must schedule a rehabilitation or replacement project within 5 years (maybe shorter, I don't remember).  Also, FDOT would place weight limits, if that were a problem.  This does not include operationally deficient, where there are traffic capacity issues, or design standards have changed (shoulder width, for example) since the bridge was built. 

To marcusnelson's point (that appeared while I typed) - I disagree, people who commute through the stadium district, either on the surface or on the ramps, likely do not want to see the ramp removed.  Traffic on event evenings will be terrible.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2020, 11:25:35 AM »

To marcusnelson's point (that appeared while I typed) - I disagree, people who commute through the stadium district, either on the surface or on the ramps, likely do not want to see the ramp removed.  Traffic on event evenings will be terrible.

Yes, but there's a tradeoff - more traffic going through Downtown means more opportunities to spur economic development. The way it's designed may be the worst of both worlds - worse traffic without increased development on the rest of Bay Street.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Ken_FSU

« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2020, 02:57:25 PM »
^On the plus side, Bay Street's only a clown car away.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2020, 03:02:24 PM »
^I'll believe it when I see it! Those things will have to move alot faster to get approval to mix with expressway traffic near the stadium.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali