Author Topic: Jaguars already planning Phase II for Lot J development  (Read 11904 times)

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT!)
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICES
Re: Jaguars already planning Phase II for Lot J development
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2020, 08:17:09 PM »
So it has been 6 weeks since Curry and the Jags announced they have reached a deal on the now $700 million Lot J plan, and 3 weeks since the Jags announced a 2nd home game in London.  Has the details (or any info) regarding Lot J been made public and I just missed it?

Nah, you haven't missed it, it is just on Jacksonville time.

Is this a Jacksonville Time clock?

LOLOLOLOL....3 months means 3 years Jacksonville time. LOL
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal, or, access my Social Service Agency Facebook page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: https://www.facebook.com/FRESHSTARTSOCIALSERVICEAGENCY/; thank you!!!

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT!)
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICES
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2020, 08:18:29 PM »
Probably was counting on that JEA sale money. It may take a few months flipping over couch cushions to find spare change and rebuilding trust for the big ticket items.
Again, LOLOLOLOL..."flipping over couch cushions." Sometimes you just can't find that spare change that you need.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal, or, access my Social Service Agency Facebook page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: https://www.facebook.com/FRESHSTARTSOCIALSERVICEAGENCY/; thank you!!!

Captain Zissou

« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2020, 09:46:06 AM »
I was talking with someone from the Army Corps of Engineers and they said whenever they would do work on this project, the city would communicate with them and request communication from them via physical letters, not email.  Once the city came to get plans in an unmarked van, rather than have them be emailed.....  Maybe Lenny is less of a bond villain and more of a mob boss.

Kerry

« Reply #153 on: February 25, 2020, 11:41:50 AM »
I gotta believe the JEA fiasco threw a monkey wrench into the plans.
Third Place

Ken_FSU

« Reply #154 on: February 25, 2020, 02:15:18 PM »
...or the Jags wanted to announce two games in London before the Lot J deal closed.

For a multitude of reasons.

FlaBoy

« Reply #155 on: February 25, 2020, 04:29:38 PM »
Well, my point really was that comparing the MSAs of relatively isolated cities like Jacksonville, OKC, Salt Lake City, Indy, etc... to cities like Tampa, Miami, San Jose, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh really isn't a good comparison.  Cities in that second group are really part of megaopolis' that span hundred of miles and the size of their MSAs is limited by adjacent MSAs.

Jax is really going to grow into the megalopolis of the Orlando Metro. St Johns and Flagler Counties are going to grow together sooner than later. Volusia County is going to grow wildly especially in Deland nearer Orlando. Likewise, as Clay and Baker grows, you will probably see bleeding into Lake City/Gainesville.

Kerry

« Reply #156 on: February 25, 2020, 05:30:36 PM »
There is a crap load of vacant land between here and Daytona to fill in.
Third Place

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #157 on: February 25, 2020, 05:53:57 PM »
Much of it is wet, environmentally sensitive and will never be filled in with sprawl. Nevertheless, Jax is no where close to being as isolated as places like OKC and Salt Lake City. Florida is pretty dense for a state.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Ken_FSU

« Reply #158 on: March 04, 2020, 02:01:47 PM »
Just quickly appreciating the fact that the Gate River Run was re-routed for the first time in over 40 years because of the Hart Bridge Ramp demolition and, with three days to go, there's zero sign of any imminent work.

Welcome to Rockville 2020 would have taken place in eight weeks at the sports complex, if not for said Hart Bridge/Lot J construction that has yet to materialize.

MusicMan

« Reply #159 on: March 04, 2020, 08:55:22 PM »
That's a shame. Welcome to Rockville and the Hart Bridge Demolition could happen simultaneously and that would be Sold Out!

Bativac

« Reply #160 on: March 04, 2020, 11:23:01 PM »
Maybe the Mayor is having a hard time coming up with the $25 million for the bridge ramps demo? Seems like kind of a waste of transportation grant money but what do I know, I'm an out of towner. Is there any talk about this in town? Most of my family doesn't know much about it, the few friends I have still in town are not fans of the idea but have kind of thrown their hands up at this point.

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #161 on: March 04, 2020, 11:37:15 PM »
I do not support tearing down the Hart Bridge ramps.  That aside, they should not be torn down unless Lot J is assured and that seems to be more questionable than not, especially after the Mayor's JEA fiasco and the Jags recent comments and second London game undermining public feelings toward Shad getting handouts from the taxpayers. 

$233 million for Lot J plus almost $50 million for the Hart Bridge plus some $40 million or more for the Bay Street "Innovation" Corridor and autonomous vehicles to benefit the Stadium District adds up to well over $320 million that this City could desperately use in so many better places that would benefit far more than one billionaire living outside the City.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 02:35:11 AM by jaxlongtimer »

Papa33

« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2020, 09:05:40 AM »
Just quickly appreciating the fact that the Gate River Run was re-routed for the first time in over 40 years because of the Hart Bridge Ramp demolition and, with three days to go, there's zero sign of any imminent work.

Welcome to Rockville 2020 would have taken place in eight weeks at the sports complex, if not for said Hart Bridge/Lot J construction that has yet to materialize.
Well . . . I think I saw some "work" this am.  Looked like three city workers and an excavator removing tree (or trees) near the Adams Street Station in what I believe is Lot E, along the Hart Ramp.  If its connected to the Hart Ramp removal, then it looks like the city is trying to pinch pennies.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2020, 09:05:56 AM »
“We could be bilking taxpayers here for 20 years.” Not sure if I got that quote right....

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/cordish-executive-shares-new-details-renderings-of-lot-j-shipyards-development

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2020, 09:16:12 AM »
So maybe by 2040 this will actually get built? That's the most realistic information I've seen on this project to date...and it's highly optimistic based on the speed of things so far.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali