Author Topic: Friendship Fountain not functioning...again??  (Read 7292 times)

Kerry

Re: Friendship Fountain not functioning...again??
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2019, 01:35:07 PM »
Why do we have to wait until we have out of town guest to clean things up?
Third Place

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2019, 01:54:32 PM »

Pretty sure that the timing had everything to do with the availability of replacement parts.

Life generally works better when you don't complain about a problem getting fixed.... particularly when that complaint revolves around ignorant speculation.

Kerry

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2019, 02:12:20 PM »

Pretty sure that the timing had everything to do with the availability of replacement parts.

Life generally works better when you don't complain about a problem getting fixed.... particularly when that complaint revolves around ignorant speculation.

Sorry, I took the previous comment to mean that things were fixed in time for Florida/Georgia weekend.
Third Place

Bativac

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2019, 12:24:45 AM »

The city is fine embarrassing itself in front of the locals, but not when the spotlight is on!

Frankly I will be impressed if the fixes are actual fixes and not band-aids. I'll be back in March, interested to see what's held up

Kerry

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2019, 12:28:02 AM »

The city is fine embarrassing itself in front of the locals, but not when the spotlight is on!

Frankly I will be impressed if the fixes are actual fixes and not band-aids. I'll be back in March, interested to see what's held up

That is how I took it.  It is the like people who live in a messy house with piles of clothes on the floor and dirty dishes in the sink and the only time they clean it up is the day before Thanksgiving when the out-of-town family comes to visit.
Third Place

itsfantastic1

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2019, 09:02:10 AM »

That is how I took it.  It is the like people who live in a messy house with piles of clothes on the floor and dirty dishes in the sink and the only time they clean it up is the day before Thanksgiving when the out-of-town family comes to visit.

I feel personally attacked...

Kerry

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2019, 03:48:05 PM »

A little pride in ownership goes a long way.
Third Place

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2019, 07:04:58 PM »

A little pride in ownership goes a long way.

::)
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

I-10east

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2019, 05:04:48 PM »
Friendship Fountain and BOA's lighting should be joined at the hip concerning ongoing ineptitude.

I-10east

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2019, 05:16:27 PM »
A 6 million dollar overhaul is planned for Friendship Fountain.

https://news.wjct.org/post/video-jacksonvilles-friendship-fountain-getting-6m-overhaul

sandyshoes

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2019, 11:32:02 AM »
Let's just plow up Friendship park, plant some grass, and put the fountain on top of the new NFL stadium - then the circumstance will fit the pomp.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2019, 01:54:07 PM »
Bulldoze the fountain and the “brewery “ and massively expand the museum
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2019, 06:03:32 PM »
Pretty expensive. The fountain will be nice but it will most likely fail to draw people. With a $6 million budget, I promise you, building a $300k Waffle House at Friendship Fountain will draw thousands more people to the space and leave you $5.7 million to invest elsewhere.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

jaxjags

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2019, 06:16:12 PM »
On the serious side- NOTE TO CITY OF JACKSONVILLE

1. Please choose a contractor who is competent in water installations(especially electrical). This is one issue with government contracting: the lowest bid always wins. Not always the best choice.

2. Please have a sufficient maintenance budget to support this new system for 10-20 years. If not we will be back here in 3 years.