Author Topic: Discount grocer Aldi looking at Philips Highway and Emerson Street site  (Read 1450 times)

remc86007

Re: Discount grocer Aldi looking at Philips Highway and Emerson Street site
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 11:47:18 PM »
I'd love to see Aldi at 7th and Hubbard.

MusicMan

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2019, 10:17:04 AM »
Ferguson Plumbing is leaving their spot on Philips, so that would also be a place for Aldi to consider..... Maybe not enough parking though.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2019, 11:23:41 AM »
Ferguson Plumbing is leaving their spot on Philips, so that would also be a place for Aldi to consider..... Maybe not enough parking though.

Yep.   They're finishing up a huge space on the other end of Phillips past 295.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

MusicMan

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2019, 10:40:35 AM »
There's also the location of Overby's on Philip's that might work, if they are actually looking. Much closer to the new apartment complexes...

acme54321

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2019, 12:36:39 PM »
What's y'all's guess on how long before the old Osteen dealership is redeveloped?  Not a huge parcel but talk about visibility...

I think all of these apartments coming online is going to be the catalyst needed to start turning around the North end of Philips.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 12:38:29 PM by acme54321 »

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2019, 02:07:59 PM »
The two main catalyst for that area were the Overland Bridge project (new full I-95 interchange) and it becoming an Opportunity Zone. Those two things got the apartments. With its proximity to San Marco, expect that area to become a boomtown.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Captain Zissou

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2019, 09:28:47 AM »
What's y'all's guess on how long before the old Osteen dealership is redeveloped?  Not a huge parcel but talk about visibility...

I've heard that the Osteens are asking for crazy money for their property.  Hopefully they will get realistic soon, because that's a great location.

acme54321

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2019, 12:08:49 PM »

I've heard that the Osteens are asking for crazy money for their property.  Hopefully they will get realistic soon, because that's a great location.

$4.75M, no idea if that's crazy or not.  Seems a little much for 3.3 acres with a bunch of demo required to revelelop.  The Overby's building is on 1.4 acres and they are asking $1.2M FWIW.