Author Topic: San Marco Church Diet?  (Read 3246 times)

Jagsdrew

Re: San Marco Church Diet?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2019, 08:37:31 PM »
Was living off Arcadia for a few years, those side streets are gonna take a beating if additional parking doesn’t open up when development hits.
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

JPalmer

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 08:03:23 AM »
I wish the AT&T property could be magically reappear as Parking Garage, but otherwise I'm not sure where additional parking is supposed to come from.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2019, 09:09:43 AM »
The site is near Atlantic Boulevard and Hendricks Avenue, where one corner has been designed for a Publix Super Markets Inc.-anchored retail center. Ware said the Publix, which he expects will soon be built, will be another amenity.

??? ??? ???
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

MusicMan

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 04:51:10 PM »
A budget of $30,000,000 for 145 apartments is around $205,000 per unit.  That's almost twice what is being spent to develop the 147 unit Home Street (aka 'SoBa') apartments by Catalyst Development Partners.  Wonder how the rents will compare.....

That being said I think it is a winner for the merchants in the area.

Kiva

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2019, 08:08:35 PM »
"Asked if the site could accommodate retail or services development, Ware said Harbert was focused on apartments “at this time.”
This is so close to the San Marco square, wouldn't retail make more money than apartments at street level?

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2019, 09:38:59 PM »
"Asked if the site could accommodate retail or services development, Ware said Harbert was focused on apartments “at this time.”
This is so close to the San Marco square, wouldn't retail make more money than apartments at street level?

Yep, that’s bad juju right there.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

MusicMan

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2019, 09:44:06 PM »
No. This plan is spot on but it's going to be expensive. Like the 1 bedroom across from Starbux and Publix in Riverside. Bell Riverside . Those 1 bedrooms bring $1400 and up.....

acme54321

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2019, 11:37:21 PM »
Without seeing the site plan, I assume they are going to want to remove Thacker.  Not a huge fan of increasing block sizes, but it's already been done with the East San Marco site.

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2019, 02:12:10 PM »

No. This plan is spot on but it's going to be expensive. Like the 1 bedroom across from Starbux and Publix in Riverside. Bell Riverside . Those 1 bedrooms bring $1400 and up.....

I was wondering if bringing retail into the mix would change parking requirements for what is already a tricky footprint.    What you say strikes me as the driving reason behind it.   

Any one know how the city may tweaks the streets in the area with this development?

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2019, 01:30:38 PM »
FYI, There are some updates in the latest resident newspaper. It sounds great to me and Doug Skiles firm will be involved which makes me very happy. Bring it on.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2019, 02:31:51 PM »
FYI, There are some updates in the latest resident newspaper. It sounds great to me and Doug Skiles firm will be involved which makes me very happy. Bring it on.

Awesome! That's the best news I've heard all day.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2019, 04:14:43 PM »
I'd like retail on Hendricks but that's not half bad. If they really include that garage, there won't even be additional parking pressure. Not that some folks won't still blame it, of course.

acme54321

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2019, 04:21:04 PM »
That's good news.  My only complaint is that I would like the building to come up to Hendricks.

I wonder if the church spaces will be available for public use at night?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 04:33:45 PM by acme54321 »