Author Topic: Juneteenth and the Transatlantic Slave Trade  (Read 280 times)

JaxJersey-licious

Juneteenth and the Transatlantic Slave Trade
« on: June 19, 2019, 11:20:16 AM »
https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/juneteenth-and-the-transatlantic-slave-trade/

Interesting and informative story of one of the more underappreciated historical holidays in this country. Your tie in with your visit to London and our historical bonds we have to this shameful legacy of the time is especially poignant.

Anyway, since you're in London I would luv, luv, luv to see a piece on the revitalization of Canary Wharf.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: Juneteenth and the Transatlantic Slave Trade
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 04:43:54 PM »
Thanks! I walked around and took quite a few pictures for a potential story. The museum also had a pretty good exhibit on the history of Canary's transformation.

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

JaxAvondale

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 05:52:51 PM »
Great and Informative article, Ennis! I will definitely seek out the museum/area the next time that I have some free time in London later this year.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 02:00:28 AM »
No problem. It's definitely worth checking out. The museum is free and there are a ton of things to do at Canary Wharf.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali