Author Topic: Cathedral District Question  (Read 653 times)

Pastor Eric Wester

Cathedral District Question
« on: March 18, 2019, 08:50:46 PM »
Hello all - I am a Newbie, though I have been reading the threads for a few years in preparation for moving here.  Last month, we moved into The Plaza from Arlington, VA. My wife and I are glad to be living and exploring our new neighborhood. Last week I attended a community forum hosted by the Cathedral District - JAX. The group has been hard at work and focuses on residential development ideas. At the forum, about 50 folks participated in a structured conversation held in a fellowship room at First Presbyterian Church. I went mostly to listen and learn and was invited and urged to contribute by the facilitators.

Question:  Is the Cathedral District a neighborhood on this forum or part of the downtown area?  I am trying to (1) understand the geography and neighborhoods and (2) wondering if the Cathdral District - JAX network of interested and involved folks are active on this site. Thanks, pleased to be here and hopeful about living in downtown Jacksonville.  Eric

downtownbrown

Re: Cathedral District Question
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 11:56:22 AM »
Welcome!  I believe that the Cathedral District is part of the Downtown section of this forum.  Which makes sense.

I am a neighbor of yours, sort of, so if I see a guy in a collar I will introduce myself.  I wish you luck on attracting young urban dwellers to your flock.  I hope by now you've discovered the downtown nooks and crannies, particularly the food scene.  By now you have probably discovered that the key to the success of downtown JAX is to increase the residential population.  Let's hope.  And pray...

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 01:22:20 PM »
Welcome Pastor! Yes, we cover Cathedral District stuff under the wider Downtown grouping. Not sure if any of our other members are from the Cathedral District specifically, but some are from Downtown.

Welcome aboard!
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 01:49:06 PM »
Hello all - I am a Newbie, though I have been reading the threads for a few years in preparation for moving here.  Last month, we moved into The Plaza from Arlington, VA. My wife and I are glad to be living and exploring our new neighborhood. Last week I attended a community forum hosted by the Cathedral District - JAX. The group has been hard at work and focuses on residential development ideas. At the forum, about 50 folks participated in a structured conversation held in a fellowship room at First Presbyterian Church. I went mostly to listen and learn and was invited and urged to contribute by the facilitators.

Question:  Is the Cathedral District a neighborhood on this forum or part of the downtown area?  I am trying to (1) understand the geography and neighborhoods and (2) wondering if the Cathdral District - JAX network of interested and involved folks are active on this site. Thanks, pleased to be here and hopeful about living in downtown Jacksonville.  Eric

Welcome to the neighborhood!

This may be helpful to you:

https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/the-urban-core-and-downtown-some-definitions/

Pastor Eric Wester

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 08:17:53 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and the links. I will be eager to meet some of you at some of the various downtown forums.  We did arrive in town in time to register and vote!  Again, thanks!

tufsu1

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 10:20:57 PM »
Welcome Pastor! Yes, we cover Cathedral District stuff under the wider Downtown grouping. Not sure if any of our other members are from the Cathedral District specifically, but some are from Downtown.

Welcome aboard!

I am a resident of the Cathedral district