Author Topic: Wolfson Children’s Hospital, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville  (Read 801 times)

Jagsdrew

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/new-tower-to-become-entrance-to-wolfson-childrens-hospital-baptist-medical-center-jacksonville

Baptist Health announced Monday it will begin construction this spring on a seven-story Wolfson Children’s Critical Care Tower.

The tower will become the front entrance to Wolfson Children’s Hospital and Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville at 800 Prudential Drive on the Downtown Southbank. It is scheduled for completion in 2021.
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

Jagsdrew

Re: Wolfson Children’s Hospital, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:59:18 AM »

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 11:29:58 AM »
Pretty cool. Hopefully, they'll incorporate a dining area/restaurant space to face and embrace Palm Avenue.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Jagsdrew

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 11:57:39 AM »
I know its a render but from the looks of it Ennis, I see a 4+ foot wall on Palm Ave. which appears that the building is built up about 6 feet-ish.

It's all conceptual so let's hope they have street level retail like a deli or coffee shop. 

KenFSU

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 12:37:55 PM »
The critical care tower just had to be on the Southbank in front of the main hospital, didn't it?

It's like these kids don't even care if the Jags are mid-term sustainable in a Top 40 market  >:(

FlaBoy

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 12:48:29 PM »
Pretty cool. Hopefully, they'll incorporate a dining area/restaurant space to face and embrace Palm Avenue.

This just makes too much sense for anyone to make happen...

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 12:54:37 PM »
I know its a render but from the looks of it Ennis, I see a 4+ foot wall on Palm Ave. which appears that the building is built up about 6 feet-ish.

It's all conceptual so let's hope they have street level retail like a deli or coffee shop. 

That's fine. Looks like a great spot for covered out-door seating.

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Captain Zissou

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 01:11:05 PM »
The critical care tower just had to be on the Southbank in front of the main hospital, didn't it?

It's like these kids don't even care if the Jags are mid-term sustainable in a Top 40 market  >:(

Did Shad even approach them!?  More evidence that the fix is in for JEA!!

ralpho37

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 07:24:47 PM »

I'm closely involved in this project and currently there is no street fronting retail in the design, and no intention to do so. Very unfortunate to say the least. Also unfortunately, I don't have much influence on the design.

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 08:38:49 PM »

After the Irma floods, no doubt all future buildings near the river/in flood zones will be elevated further than ever before if their owners have any common sense (are you listening, JEA?).  And, no more underground parking garages with utiltiies  8)