Author Topic: Medical Marijuana Dispensary Coming to Five Points  (Read 1090 times)

Charles Hunter

Re: Medical Marijuana Dispensary Coming to Five Points
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 08:23:56 PM »
The article says the Historic Preservation Commission is reviewing the facade. Can they 'preserve' the mural? Do they take public comment?

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 08:28:52 PM »
Is the mural "historic"?
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 02:55:44 AM »
Is the mural "historic"?

In an alternate universe, Stephen Dare is schooling us all on the value of “street art”.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Bill Hoff

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 09:26:01 AM »
The article says the Historic Preservation Commission is reviewing the facade. Can they 'preserve' the mural? Do they take public comment?

Yes, public comment is taken at all HPC meetings. They'll also consider email input.

Kerry

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2019, 09:37:39 AM »
I've heard that some of the store owners in 5 Points are disappointed. They were hoping for a more inclusive use as well, and the solid red walls are definitely a major detractor.

I wonder how many of them voted for medical marijuana.
Third Place

acme54321

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2019, 10:15:12 AM »
I'd hate to see that mural go and be replaced by a giant red wall.

RiversideRambler

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2019, 10:28:53 AM »
Should've seen the red flags when the out-of-town investor entertained the idea of renting the space to national chain restaurant. Just looking for the highest bidder who can get him some green.

FlaBoy

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2019, 11:53:32 AM »
Recreational use is already allowed.  It is so easy to get a medical card it is laughable.  My friend got one because he told his doctor he was stressed and had trouble eating.  The irony is, his stress is from being an unemployed pothead, but that is another subject.

This is certainly the direction things are headed. It is the "California Model".

riversidereview

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2019, 02:52:20 PM »
Why can't we get an Ace Hardware or some other amenity that keeps 5 points walkable and local to entice residents to stay in the neighborhood? All residential neighborhoods in Washington, DC, for example have amenities like CVS, Ace Hardware, local shops etc that build community.

Kerry

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2019, 02:58:48 PM »
Why can't we get an Ace Hardware or some other amenity that keeps 5 points walkable and local to entice residents to stay in the neighborhood? All residential neighborhoods in Washington, DC, for example have amenities like CVS, Ace Hardware, local shops etc that build community.

I 100% agree with you, but I am learning quickly that the average Riverside homeowner is not an urbanist. They would see an Ace Hardware as a harbinger of the apocalypse.  You should see how they flip out over restaurants.
Third Place