Author Topic: VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena  (Read 1464 times)

Adam White

• Facebook
Re: VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 11:33:49 AM »
^This is just another example of political correctness. But the usual suspects won't speak out against it, as it's an inconvenient form of PC.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Kerry

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2019, 11:44:53 AM »
^This is just another example of political correctness. But the usual suspects won't speak out against it, as it's an inconvenient form of PC.

Agreed.  I personally think some Veteran's group should be charged under RICO laws.  This situation is a perfect example of that.
Third Place

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2019, 12:02:20 PM »

Agreed.  I personally think some Veteran's group should be charged under RICO laws.  This situation is a perfect example of that.

I've no issue with veterans memorials (when appropriate), but the amount of obsequious pandering is ridiculous. And the pearl-clutching gets a bit old, too.

Of course, if there is some sort of agreement in place whereby the arena has to have that name, then so be it. I'm not a huge fan of corporate sponsorship of public places - but when you ain't got any money, it seems a bit of a no-brainer.

civil42806

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2019, 04:47:29 PM »

Explain how u would prosecute under the federal rico law?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 05:24:39 PM by civil42806 »

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2019, 05:17:18 PM »

Explain how u would prosecute under the federal rice law?

Simmer down.

Kerry

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 04:53:55 PM »

Explain how u would prosecute under the federal rico law?

In my opinion it is no different than any other shake-down operation.  Give us some money or face opposition.
Third Place