Author Topic: Teach for America Uses "RaceCards" to Guide Training  (Read 817 times)

marcuscnelson

• Generation Z - Totally Screwed
Re: Teach for America Uses "RaceCards" to Guide Training
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2019, 01:22:16 AM »
^^^I disagree with the right having a problem with LGBT in 2019. They used to overwhelmingly, but it's a dead wedge issue on the right (maybe besides the vice president). If you want to end your political career in 2019, harangue about someone who's LGBT being a problem.

Like this?

Adam White

• Facebook
Re: Teach for America Uses "RaceCards" to Guide Training
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 03:50:48 AM »
^^^I disagree with the right having a problem with LGBT in 2019. They used to overwhelmingly, but it's a dead wedge issue on the right (maybe besides the vice president). If you want to end your political career in 2019, harangue about someone who's LGBT being a problem.

Whether or not I agree about conservatives and homosexuality, I think you're missing my main point - which is that 'wedge issues' are neither liberal or conservative. They're issues that matter to liberals and conservatives and they are issues that liberals and conservatives generally have differing opinions on. That's why they are wedge issues - and that's why you can't just expect them to go away.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”