Author Topic: 2019 Mayoral election  (Read 5240 times)

jaxnyc79

Re: 2019 Mayoral election
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2019, 05:28:14 PM »
^^^So 'toxic masculinity' is 'factualism' and you are telling me to grow a pair...Oh the irony... You sound like a doppelganger of Stephendare with the so called 'witty sneers'. Is it necessary to space out small sentences like that? Someone as condescending as yourself ought to know how to capitalize. Your 'factualism' regarding Al Gore climate change, and the leftist tech monopoly completely made my point regarding being fascistic. Thank you.

no idea what you mean by the stephendare reference...was he someone who used wit to bully you?  Poor I-10 East, Wit's hapless victim:(.

condescension doesn't make you smart...neither does punctuation.

the only point you've made about climate change is that you see it as a political issue and not a scientific one, but given your victimizations by Wit, i imagine the science of climate change is incredibly intimidating.

As for a "tech monopoly," it sounds like you hate capitalism and these new titans of industry.  data is the new oil.

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2019, 07:03:00 PM »
I keep seeing posts trying to conflate past officials who may have done something not universally acceptable now with the hero worshipping of men who took up arms against this country. Not to mention the point of erecting many of these tributes was to inflict distress on segments of our fellow countrymen. Come on
"If it was that bad she would have reported it" Donald Trump

I-10east

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2019, 08:30:02 PM »
no idea what you mean by the stephendare reference...was he someone who used wit to bully you?  Poor I-10 East, Wit's hapless victim:(.

the only point you've made about climate change is that you see it as a political issue and not a scientific one, but given your victimizations by Wit, i imagine the science of climate change is incredibly intimidating.

As for a "tech monopoly," it sounds like you hate capitalism and these new titans of industry.  data is the new oil.

LOL, I never claimed to be a victim; it's usually leftist that does that, even though the entire mainstream media, college, and Hollywood apparatus is on their sides. I just don't like yellow journalism, pseudoscience, propaganda, and censorship like you clearly do. You say the 20th century fascism is worst than current; I agree. How about no fascism at all? I'm surprised you acknowledged it without the silly 'muh fascism only can be on the right', baby steps...

Real scientist like the one who discovered DNA tells the truth about actual science; he got his many accolades taken away from him for telling the truth (I'm not gonna go all into that controversy for Jaxson's-sake, look it up). Fake scientist like at the APA bends their pseudoscience in the name of progressivism (regressivism).  They talk about how evil men are despite building entire civilizations. I'm not anti-capitalist, but I'm anti-dystopian (my response to Silicon Valley). Birds of a feather flock together, so of course you agree with all of the liberal propaganda.     

jaxnyc79

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2019, 09:06:25 PM »

LOL, I never claimed to be a victim; it's usually leftist that does that, even though the entire mainstream media, college, and Hollywood apparatus is on their sides. I just don't like yellow journalism, pseudoscience, propaganda, and censorship like you clearly do. You say the 20th century fascism is worst than current; I agree. How about no fascism at all? I'm surprised you acknowledged it without the silly 'muh fascism only can be on the right', baby steps...

Real scientist like the one who discovered DNA tells the truth about actual science; he got his many accolades taken away from him for telling the truth (I'm not gonna go all into that controversy for Jaxson's-sake, look it up). Fake scientist like at the APA bends their pseudoscience in the name of progressivism (regressivism).  They talk about how evil men are despite building entire civilizations. I'm not anti-capitalist, but I'm anti-dystopian (my response to Silicon Valley). Birds of a feather flock together, so of course you agree with all of the liberal propaganda.   

Look at this, the voice of idiocy wants to designate real and pseudoscientists...how laughable
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 10:03:15 AM by jaxnyc79 »

marcuscnelson

• Generation Z - Totally Screwed
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2019, 09:21:52 PM »
I keep seeing posts trying to conflate past officials who may have done something not universally acceptable now with the hero worshipping of men who took up arms against this country. Not to mention the point of erecting many of these tributes was to inflict distress on segments of our fellow countrymen. Come on

This, right here. I'm very disappointed in the attitudes some people have had about the reason the statues have been a recent issue, not only of what the statues represent, but of why they were put there in the first place.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2019, 02:30:49 AM »
^^^So 'toxic masculinity' is 'factualism' and you are telling me to grow a pair...Oh the irony... You sound like a doppelganger of Stephendare with the so called 'witty sneers'. Is it necessary to space out small sentences like that? Someone as condescending as yourself ought to know how to capitalize. Your 'factualism' regarding Al Gore climate change, and the leftist tech monopoly completely made my point regarding being fascistic. Thank you.

Stephen treated I-10 terribly. I've got his back on that - he frequently gagged him, deleted his posts/threads, moved his posts into new, insultingly-titled threads and hounded him relentlessly. I may not agree with I-10 on most everything, but it was completely wrong what Stephen did to him. I'd argue that I-10 was probably Stephen's #1 target.

As much as he winds me up at times, I prefer him being able to post stuff now without all the drama.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

jaxnyc79

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2019, 07:45:50 AM »

Stephen treated I-10 terribly. I've got his back on that - he frequently gagged him, deleted his posts/threads, moved his posts into new, insultingly-titled threads and hounded him relentlessly. I may not agree with I-10 on most everything, but it was completely wrong what Stephen did to him. I'd argue that I-10 was probably Stephen's #1 target.

As much as he winds me up at times, I prefer him being able to post stuff now without all the drama.

You’ll note in I-10 East’s previous post that he referenced a  “real scientist who discovered DNA...got his many accolades taken away from him.”  He appears to be referring to James Watson who got in trouble in 2007 for asserting in a press article that people of African descent are not as intelligent as people of European descent.  James Watson, when called to account for the statements, apologized and admitted the assertion has no basis in science (which it does not). I-10 East didn’t have enough of a pair to name the individual to whom he alluded,  and didn’t explain what he meant by the authenticity and superiority of Watson’s “science” versus that of others, but the guy doesn’t need or deserve defense.

I-10 East is free to post, but when he posts falsehoods, they should be challenged.  And if he’s going to take up message board space posting allusions to things like “grand tech monopoly conspiracies,” he should be made to explain and again, his brand of fake news should be challenged.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:51:06 AM by jaxnyc79 »

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2019, 08:49:11 AM »
You’ll note in I-10 East’s previous post that he referenced a  “real scientist who discovered DNA...got his many accolades taken away from him.”  He appears to be referring to James Watson who got in trouble in 2007 for asserting in a press article that people of African descent are not as intelligent as people of European descent.  James Watson, when called to account for the statements, apologized and admitted the assertion has no basis in science (which it does not). I-10 East didn’t have enough of a pair to name the individual to whom he alluded,  and didn’t explain what he meant by the authenticity and superiority of Watson’s “science” versus that of others, but the guy doesn’t need or deserve defense.

By the way, this is back in the news because of Watson's recent reemphasis of his previous comments. He was then stripped of an honorary degree from some institution, perhaps amongst other fallout.  (I am not too sure I haven't felt like reading too much about this aside from one bit of news the other day) My mom (a physicist) got to spend some time with the man as he was a guest of hers at some conference years ago and she was conflicted cause she admired him from a distance but not in person. I am pretty sure he has a history of making condescending remarks towards women as well.

Back to Anna. She appears to be very confident so we shall see how things take shape over the coming weeks.

I-10east

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2019, 11:23:26 AM »

I-10 East is free to post, but when he posts falsehoods, they should be challenged.  And if he’s going to take up message board space posting allusions to things like “grand tech monopoly conspiracies,” he should be made to explain and again, his brand of fake news should be challenged.

He did not say "People of African descent is not as smart as people European descent". He was going by averages, not every every single person in a group. Science doesn't give a flying flip about feelings, liberals do. I can 'feed the flames' and go into many reasons why it correlates (with Asians having the highest IQ average), but I won't.  May he be off his rocker (having schizophrenia) and saying some controversial stuff? Yes. But he helped create DNA, way more credible than the equivalent of Bill Nye the science guys within the APA all pushing the leftist agenda.

Do you know that scientists within the APA once said controversial things, but had to Orwellianly erase them, because they were deemed "scientific racism"?  Oh yes, because the left have to reel scientists back in from being too real. The problem isn't that "there is too much masculinity" the problem is that it's waning IMO.

So Gillette razors, and other liberal companies trying to feminize men to the masses are on the wrong side of history. If someone is LGBT, I have no problem, but I dont need some company attempting to put by manliness in place. If this makes any of you feel any better (I doubt it) here's a person likely smarter than most if not all of us on Jaxson (below link)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2380978/Toddler-Anala-Beevers-boasts-IQ-145-Mensas-newest-member.html
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:34:38 AM by I-10east »

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2019, 11:27:52 AM »
One thing that folks need to stop doing right away is personal insults. We should also get the thread back on the actual topic, which is the 2019 mayoral election. Not every thread needs to become a back-and-forth where the actual topic at hand gets drowned out.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

I-10east

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2019, 11:35:14 AM »
^^^I apologize.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2019, 11:39:33 AM »
^No worries!
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

jaxnyc79

« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2019, 11:43:53 AM »
One thing that folks need to stop doing right away is personal insults. We should also get the thread back on the actual topic, which is the 2019 mayoral election. Not every thread needs to become a back-and-forth where the actual topic at hand gets drowned out.

Very happy to discuss Anne Brosche's qualification or lack of qualification for the Mayor's office, as well as her competitive standing versus Curry.  In the course of a discussion on her role in erasing Southern History, however, someone started to make mild references to some pretty racist vitriol.  Such vitriol has no relevance to or place in this thread, but I felt an instinctual responsibility to counter/challenge such vitriol.  I do wish the moderators of this site had felt the same responsibility to counter it, and not just criticize the thread going off topic. 

Having said all that, I do believe the confederate monument issue may blow up as a significant issue in the course of the mayoral campaign, and some of I-10 East's posts do underpin how large swaths of the Jax electorate feel about monument placement.  So we haven't gone completely off topic.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:46:00 AM by jaxnyc79 »

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2019, 11:47:19 AM »
^There are things that we will step in on and the thread was rapidly moving in that direction, but we don't like to be heavy handed, especially when de-escalation works just as well.

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2019, 12:32:27 PM »
To me the most interesting storyline of this mayoral election is the Dems not having a candidate.  The Dems just won Jax with Governor, Senate and Ag commissioner but the local politicos weren't set to keep the momentum going.  Brosche looks like the beneficiary.
"If it was that bad she would have reported it" Donald Trump