Author Topic: Mary's Pub House (Riverside Hamburger Mary's) Closed  (Read 918 times)

Lucasjj

Mary's Pub House (Riverside Hamburger Mary's) Closed
« on: November 15, 2018, 09:21:08 AM »
After just a little over a year Mary's Pub House is closing. For those unaware, this is what took over the old Blind Rabbit spot at King and College.

Wednesday night, the restaurant confirmed its closing, citing a "lack of support in the area."

I went once. They didn't have in stock several items one their menu. That includes food or drink. There wasn't enough about the place to really wow me into coming back.

https://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2018/11/15/riverside-drag-bar-and-grill-shuts-its-doors.html

Adam White

• Facebook
Re: Mary's Pub House (Riverside Hamburger Mary's) Closed
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 09:42:13 AM »
After just a little over a year Mary's Pub House is closing. For those unaware, this is what took over the old Blind Rabbit spot at King and College.

Wednesday night, the restaurant confirmed its closing, citing a "lack of support in the area."

I went once. They didn't have in stock several items one their menu. That includes food or drink. There wasn't enough about the place to really wow me into coming back.

https://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2018/11/15/riverside-drag-bar-and-grill-shuts-its-doors.html

What will Stephen do? And more importantly, what will Karissa Wade do?
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

riverside_mail

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 09:49:23 AM »
Mary's was on my mail route and almost always was a ghost town in the afternoon. Any restaurant going in here is not going to compete with Kickback's unless they have a unique concept.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 12:16:38 PM »
Mary's was on my mail route and almost always was a ghost town in the afternoon. Any restaurant going in here is not going to compete with Kickback's unless they have a unique concept.

What's the Kickbacks concept? Shitty food, stupid steampunk beer "garden" and a dickhead for an owner?
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 04:33:14 PM »

What will Stephen do? And more importantly, what will Karissa Wade do?
lol, I'm pretty sure he'll find a way to blame me for their closure ;)
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

acme54321

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 09:50:22 PM »

What's the Kickbacks concept? Shitty food, stupid steampunk beer "garden" and a dickhead for an owner?

Yeah it works great apparently.  I don't get it either.

bill

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 10:31:53 PM »

where is the like button? lol

jax_hwy_engineer

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 07:28:43 AM »
Seriously. I live a few blocks from King St, I never ever go there on principle. It's never been a good experience for me there, but I reckon they do well enough...

Bearded Buffalo and Keg 'n' Coin are my haunts in that area.