Author Topic: Hotel Indigo developer to move forward without incentives  (Read 2538 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: Hotel Indigo developer to move forward without incentives
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2019, 04:40:01 PM »
Isn't the garage in permitting? Once the permits are approved, it shouldn't take it long to go up. Definitely agree on the street level interaction stuff, regarding this site. At the end of the day, some locations are more critical than others when it comes to activating the pedestrian experience. Laura and Bay is one of those locations. The Hotel Indigo and Courtyard Trio are/were by far, the tops of the hotel proposals when it comes down to nailing it right at street level. Still holding slim hope that VyStar allows for some retail use at ground level.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

KenFSU

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 05:20:39 PM »
Isn't the garage in permitting? Once the permits are approved, it shouldn't take it long to go up.

Sure is! Permits were issued in December.

Hopefully we see some movement (and get an announcement on the retail tenant) soon.

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT!)
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICES
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2019, 09:46:59 PM »
I did feel like the number of hotel projects was surprising given the current state of downtown, and one had to go. I feel like if Hyatt Place, Courtyard (Trio), and the Ambassador project all happen, and VyStar fills the building completely it isn't the worst thing.

But, I do think that it's important that there is some street interaction. I mean, their employees have to eat somewhere too.
Or property to build a new building or tower for their hotel.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal, or, access my Social Service Agency Facebook page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: https://www.facebook.com/FRESHSTARTSOCIALSERVICEAGENCY/; thank you!!!

DTJaxFan

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2019, 09:35:39 AM »
Not to worrry, Peterbrooke has already been told they can stay and conversations have begun with restaurants and retailers, both for the street level and rooftop. In addition, there is a lot of work going on to enhance the alleyways and food truck areas. This block will absolutely support the efforts to make downtown an around the clock place to live, work and play.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2019, 10:34:34 AM »
Not to worrry, Peterbrooke has already been told they can stay and conversations have begun with restaurants and retailers, both for the street level and rooftop. In addition, there is a lot of work going on to enhance the alleyways and food truck areas. This block will absolutely support the efforts to make downtown an around the clock place to live, work and play.

Awesome news.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2019, 12:44:42 PM »
Sweet!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

KenFSU

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2019, 03:58:40 PM »
AMAZING. Great news.

Tacachale

• Administrator
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?