Author Topic: Food court at the Landing closed...  (Read 8401 times)

Captain Zissou

Re: Food court at the Landing closed...
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 01:10:49 PM »
So what restaurants are still at the Landing?  Hooters and Fuddruckers?

Hooters
Chicago Pizza
Fionn MacCools

AKA tufsu's Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday night dinner spots.

tufsu1

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2019, 02:30:21 PM »
^ you got the days wrong :)

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 02:33:58 PM »
An apple a day is still down stairs selling fresh grab an go. I believe.
"If it was that bad she would have reported it" Donald Trump

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2019, 04:10:53 PM »

Apple A Day and Hooters are probably the only remaining original tenants...or is the cookie shop still open too?
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

Captain Zissou

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2019, 04:41:48 PM »

Apple A Day and Hooters are probably the only remaining original tenants...or is the cookie shop still open too?

Cookie shop is still open.  My office provides them regular business.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2019, 05:30:05 PM »
Those three should win a longevity award. Surviving +30 years in a shopping mall in Jax is an accomplishment.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

DeathByPensions

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2019, 04:08:45 PM »
A miracle that place stayed open as long as it did. The entire area came across as the land that time forgot.

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT!)
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICES
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2019, 05:43:31 PM »
I'll never forget when the Landing opened; the smell, the clothing shops, the fudge shop, when you first walked in the girls at the fudge shop chanting and singing about fudge, and all of the neat food shops on the second floor, along with karaoke that I used to attend up there as well. There is promise and potential in the Landing I believe; just need the right ownership, vision, planning, etc., in its regard to get it moving again along with the rest of downtown Jax. Let's not give up yet. The Landing should be an integral part of downtown and should remain there for the long haul.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal, or, access my Social Service Agency Facebook page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: https://www.facebook.com/FRESHSTARTSOCIALSERVICEAGENCY/; thank you!!!

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2019, 06:16:50 PM »
It would be interesting to see what current ownership can achieve with the city as a partner, as opposed to the city doing everything it can to make the place fail.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

KenFSU

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2019, 03:09:16 PM »
Another day, another Landing closure.

Cinco De Mayo.

https://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2019/01/29/jacksonville-landing-loses-another-eatery.html?iana=hpmvp_jac_news_headline

Just a week after the City rejected Sleiman's $100k annual lease check.

Good times at the Landing.

Glad we can all work together for the greater good of downtown.

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2019, 03:41:23 PM »
Another day, another Landing closure.

Cinco De Mayo.

https://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2019/01/29/jacksonville-landing-loses-another-eatery.html?iana=hpmvp_jac_news_headline

Just a week after the City rejected Sleiman's $100k annual lease check.

Good times at the Landing.

Glad we can all work together for the greater good of downtown.

This story is reported by the JBJ. So, you'll have to forgive them for being about a month late in picking up on this. 

Cinco De Mayo closed about a month and a half ago... right after the City didn't allow the Landing to conduct any programming on site during the annual boat lighting parade.

The Mayor's office attack on Toney Sleiman has been 'successful' in 'doing something about the Landing'... unfortunately, that 'something' has involved small business owners closing up shop and their employees are now left jobless. Sleiman Enterprises, meanwhile, is expanding as a company and developing new shopping centers.  Perhaps instead of 'doing something', the Mayor's office should focus on something other than attacking hard working downtown business owners.

remc86007

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2019, 07:49:04 PM »
I don't understand what the mayor's goal is with the landing. Sleiman has to be running quite a loss if he's writing $1.2 mil in rent checks every year for it, but I guess he figures it is worth holding up his end of the lease so he has the property when something eventually happens.

The landing has a propaganda page and facebook feed, maybe the mayor should get on that so we can hear his side of the story /s

https://www.facebook.com/LandingFacts/

http://landingfacts.com/

DrQue

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2019, 08:23:01 PM »
A few observations...

- Sleiman supported Brown
- A successful Landing competes with Lot J
- Khan is major Curry backer
- Curry has a petty vindictive streak
- This administration has no reservation spending millions to demo perfectly good buildings
- Curry wants a park so nothing else matters 

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2019, 08:21:49 AM »
Can't wait for this thing to be settled in court. Time to move past the politics and let the market determine the Landing's fate.

vicupstate

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2019, 08:47:46 AM »
Can't wait for this thing to be settled in court. Time to move past the politics and let the market determine the Landing's fate.

I'm pretty sure the politics will eliminate it before the market gets a chance to decide it's fate.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln