Author Topic: Margaritaville Resort  (Read 1851 times)

itsfantastic1

Margaritaville Resort
« on: October 26, 2018, 05:52:41 PM »
Looks like the rumors are true and coming soon. A Margaritaville resort is being built at the beaches.

https://www.news4jax.com/community/waste-away-in-margaritaville-resort-coming-to-jacksonville-beach

copperfiend

Re: Margaritaville Resort
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 07:29:42 AM »
This made me laugh:

A recent ordinance in Jacksonville Beach does not allow new property to be built higher than three stories, but the Margaritaville Resort and several other properties were an exception.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 08:49:56 AM »
Lol, that ordinance is at least 10 years old.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

copperfiend

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 08:53:14 AM »
2004 I believe

CityLife

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 10:41:29 AM »
Properties with an existing development approval prior to the height restriction retained their right to exceed 35'.

I understand the need and desire for height limitations at the beaches, particularly in Neptune and Atlantic Beach, but 35' is onerous in Jax Beach and limits quality projects from getting built. Jax Beach should create an overlay district in proximity to downtown that gives developers the opportunity to be granted height bonuses of up to 50'-75' if certain criteria are met.

howfam

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 09:09:58 PM »
Properties with an existing development approval prior to the height restriction retained their right to exceed 35'.

I understand the need and desire for height limitations at the beaches, particularly in Neptune and Atlantic Beach, but 35' is onerous in Jax Beach and limits quality projects from getting built. Jax Beach should create an overlay district in proximity to downtown that gives developers the opportunity to be granted height bonuses of up to 50'-75' if certain criteria are met.

I ventured to Jax Beach on Monday to see the progress on the new Margaritaville Hotel. It's topped out and some interior work, steel stud partitions etc. installed. Looks like it's going to be a great addition to the scenery at the boardwalk./ Howfam