Author Topic: Riverwalk Exercise Park Now Open Downtown  (Read 730 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Riverwalk Exercise Park Now Open Downtown
« on: October 12, 2018, 08:20:08 AM »

The City of Jacksonville has opened the newest addition to the Northbank Riverwalk. Corkscrew Park, located underneath the the Acosta Bridge along the Northbank Riverwalk, recently received an upgrade that included the addition of public art and exercise equipment. Runners, joggers, walkers and bicyclists now have a free amenity for exercising along Downtown’s waterfront- aided by the shade provided by the Acosta Bridge which rises overhead.

Full article: https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/riverwalk-exercise-park-now-open-downtown/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

acme54321

Re: Riverwalk Exercise Park Now Open Downtown
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 09:12:45 AM »
I've seen a lot of people using this in the evenings.  I went by on my bike around 8 and there were 2 groups totaling about 10 people using the equipment.  It's a good example of how a positive use can drive out undesired uses.  That area used to be pretty bad with what appeared to be junkies hanging around after dark.

wanderson91

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 02:58:30 PM »
This is awesome! I didn't know there was a kayak launch in the riverwalk, too! Might have to get a few friends together and go out there

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 03:46:59 PM »
I saw the story on Facebook, wonderful addition.