Author Topic: Google's Leaked Election Aftermath Video  (Read 1456 times)

I-10east

Google's Leaked Election Aftermath Video
« on: September 13, 2018, 06:01:07 PM »
No concerns here...Anyone that think conservatives are being suppressed by Google and other Silicon Valley big tech giants are just looney irrational conspiracy theorists....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18eNe973PCA

KenFSU

Re: Google's Leaked Election Aftermath Video
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 10:29:17 AM »
Agreed. It's pretty sad that Google Executives can't be outwardly optimistic, or even neutral, about the election of a racist, anti-immigrant, "pussy grabbing" misogynist and his gay-bashing running mate. I feel really bad for Google employees who see this and feel like they can't openly discuss their hateful worldview.

Their reactions weren't in response to a conservative White House. They were in response to a horrible, reckless human being being elected leader of the free world.

10-1 odds none of this would have happened had a guy like John McCain been elected President.

bill

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 10:57:06 AM »
Agreed. It's pretty sad that Google Executives can't be outwardly optimistic, or even neutral, about the election of a racist, anti-immigrant, "pussy grabbing" misogynist and his gay-bashing running mate. I feel really bad for Google employees who see this and feel like they can't openly discuss their hateful worldview.

Their reactions weren't in response to a conservative White House. They were in response to a horrible, reckless human being being elected leader of the free world.

10-1 odds none of this would have happened had a guy like John McCain been elected President.

Yes the left loves a feckless, rino that loses a lot. Good for you for reaching across  the aisle. That you(everyone) do not see this as very scary, demonstrates how tribal we have gotten.You either agree with us or you are the enemy.

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 12:02:26 PM »
HRC would like to chime in....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydx8C5eMH4I

KenFSU

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 02:35:38 PM »

Yes the left loves a feckless, rino that loses a lot. Good for you for reaching across  the aisle. That you(everyone) do not see this as very scary, demonstrates how tribal we have gotten.You either agree with us or you are the enemy.

I get where you're coming from. In literally any other case, I'd totally agree that politics don't belong in the workplace, particularly when it comes to corporate leadership. Would be wildly inappropriate for CSX to begin an all hands meeting by bashing Lenny Curry. That said, Trump's an outlier. A cursory view of his Twitter feed confirms that. I'd also argue that Google's opposition was less politically motivated than socially motivated.

Alllll that said, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Google's got zero room to speak about human rights considering their work with the Chinese government to censor the internet and tie web searches to individual users.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 06:22:23 PM »
After the Brexit vote, lots and lots of my colleagues openly discussed and lamented the outcome. I'd say that the vast majority of the people I work with voted to remain. But that has nothing to do with our employer or the company's position on the referendum. Simple minds look for conspiracies because it's (somehow) easier than living in the real world and facing the truth.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

bill

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 01:03:09 AM »
After the Brexit vote, lots and lots of my colleagues openly discussed and lamented the outcome. I'd say that the vast majority of the people I work with voted to remain. But that has nothing to do with our employer or the company's position on the referendum. Simple minds look for conspiracies because it's (somehow) easier than living in the real world and facing the truth.

How very arrogant and european of you, a company that literally shapes information discussing how upset they were that most Americans did not have the same (enlightened) view that they have and how they were going to get through it. Let them eat cake. Simple minds can see conspiracies because it is on youtube. dumbass

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 08:29:05 AM »
Simple minds look for conspiracies because it's (somehow) easier than living in the real world and facing the truth.

Good line. I like it.  When one vile candidate loses (somehow) to another vile candidate, the simple minds can't face the truth. It was Russians! Misogynists! Racists!

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 12:37:53 PM »
Rofl...  ;D ;D
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 01:21:39 PM »
Simple minds look for conspiracies because it's (somehow) easier than living in the real world and facing the truth.

Good line. I like it.  When one vile candidate loses (somehow) to another vile candidate, the simple minds can't face the truth. It was Russians! Misogynists! Racists!

I don't disagree. I'm still waiting for evidence of Trump's collusion with Russia before I decide what happened there. But I know plenty of people who are convinced and talk as if it's fact. And no one really has bothered to explore why so many people voted for Trump in the first place - especially in areas that went to Obama four years prior.

It's so much easier to just blame someone or whatever instead of look in the mirror.

And as far as I could tell, that video was nothing more than Google employees sharing their opinions on the outcome of the election. I didn't see any evidence of any kind of misconduct or conspiracy or anything else. Who would've thought that a bunch of middle class techie types who live in California wouldn't have wanted Trump to win the election?

marcuscnelson

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 03:16:19 PM »

How very arrogant and european of you, a company that literally shapes information discussing how upset they were that most Americans did not have the same (enlightened) view that they have

Except most Americans did not vote for the current President. Call that view whatever you want, but most Americans shared it.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2018, 05:20:24 PM »

How very arrogant and european of you, a company that literally shapes information discussing how upset they were that most Americans did not have the same (enlightened) view that they have and how they were going to get through it. Let them eat cake. Simple minds can see conspiracies because it is on youtube. dumbass

"European". LOL.

bill

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2018, 11:16:54 PM »

"European". LOL.

When i cannot come up with something drool to say, I lol. How continental.   

Gunnar

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2018, 06:52:32 AM »
And no one really has bothered to explore why so many people voted for Trump in the first place - especially in areas that went to Obama four years prior.

It's so much easier to just blame someone or whatever instead of look in the mirror.

I would guess for the same reason populist / far right parties gain in popularity in Europe - voters feel that established politicians do little for them and care even less.

It's debatable whether they get a better deal in the end, but I feel that the disconnect between the governing caste and the rest of the population is becoming a big problem.

If I look at German politics, several high ranking politicians (mostly conservative) were caught cheating on their phd thesis by copying large parts from other works.

The leader of our labor party has no labor experience - she went directly into politics after high school and finished german language studies after 20 semesters (her thesis paper was about "Function of disasters in serial love novels").

Personally, while I will not vote for any freak parties, I have gotten to the point where I am sick of voting for the lesser evil rather than for a candidate I want to win because I think (s)he is good.

I think being a true conservative (i.e. not in the tea party freak show sense) or a true liberal (think Bill maher and not in the SJW freak show sense) is really tough nowadays.

I want to live in a society where people can voice unpopular opinions because I know that as a result of that, a society grows and matures...” — Hugh Hefner

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2018, 11:59:32 AM »

"European". LOL.

When i cannot come up with something drool to say, I lol. How continental.

A) What's "drool"?
B) I'm certainly not 'continental,' unless the continent in question is North America.
C) You also resort to personal insults when you've got nothing of merit to say.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 12:06:41 PM by Adam White »