Author Topic: English Pub in San Marco? Dog's Bollocks!  (Read 1068 times)

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
English Pub in San Marco? Dog's Bollocks!
« on: September 13, 2018, 03:12:38 PM »
https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/the-posting-house-is-next-for-former-laylas-in-san-marco

I am intrigued. At the very least, I expect the space to look great based upon the owners blog.

Tacachale

• Administrator
Re: English Pub in San Marco? Dog's Bollocks!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 03:37:22 PM »
Good to see something going in that space.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Kiva

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 05:59:52 PM »
Dog's bollocks! What a great name. It could be pet friendly. Oh, wait! Our overlords, in their wisdom, have decided that dogs are no longer welcome in bars because beer is food! In some parts of the world dogs are food, but apparently food and food don't mix. https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/local/no-dogs-allowed-jacksonville-brewery-starts-petition-after-fla-dept-of-health-says-no-dogs/77-584779667

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 06:05:44 PM »
Dog's bollocks! What a great name. It could be pet friendly. Oh, wait! Our overlords, in their wisdom, have decided that dogs are no longer welcome in bars because beer is food! In some parts of the world dogs are food, but apparently food and food don't mix. https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/local/no-dogs-allowed-jacksonville-brewery-starts-petition-after-fla-dept-of-health-says-no-dogs/77-584779667

sorry, didn't mean to imply Dog's Bollocks  was the name. Just my Brit way of saying it was outstanding news.

Kiva

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 06:31:01 PM »
I realized that dog's bollocks is not the real name  ;D. Elephant and castle, Rose and crown, Red lion, there are lots of traditional names. But Dog's bollocks is definitely memorable!

JBTripper

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 10:55:09 AM »
An administrative parking deviation is requested to reduce the off-street parking requirement from 26 spots to none. The Posting House LLC application says the landlord owns and controls 20 shared parking spaces on-site and there are 12 on-street parking spaces in front of the proposed business.

The Posting House LLC seeks a waiver of the minimum distance requirements from a church for a liquor license, an exception to sell beer and wine and the administrative deviation for parking.

Southside Baptist has been pretty reasonable about allowing beer and wine sales, and they have been pretty good about allowing neighboring business to use their parking lots. However, they have been openly hostile about allowing use of their parking lots by neighboring businesses that serve beer and wine. This will never happen.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 11:44:07 AM »
An administrative parking deviation is requested to reduce the off-street parking requirement from 26 spots to none. The Posting House LLC application says the landlord owns and controls 20 shared parking spaces on-site and there are 12 on-street parking spaces in front of the proposed business.

The Posting House LLC seeks a waiver of the minimum distance requirements from a church for a liquor license, an exception to sell beer and wine and the administrative deviation for parking.

Southside Baptist has been pretty reasonable about allowing beer and wine sales, and they have been pretty good about allowing neighboring business to use their parking lots. However, they have been openly hostile about allowing use of their parking lots by neighboring businesses that serve beer and wine. This will never happen.

Well, what  do you want them to do, waste their time on trivial matters like addressing child predators?!?!
Bold Bean had some outdoor tables, for god's sake!

acme54321

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 01:06:20 PM »
I'm suprised they aren't actively fighting the sex dungeon that they have across the street :o LOL
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 01:24:31 PM by acme54321 »

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 01:19:14 PM »
However, they have been openly hostile about allowing use of their parking lots by neighboring businesses that serve beer and wine. This will never happen.

Sounds like they are concerned about drunk drivers. Perhaps they would be alright with an uber dropoff/pickup lane in their lot.  ;)

JBTripper

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 04:47:51 PM »
I'm suprised they aren't actively fighting the sex dungeon that they have across the street :o LOL

I honestly believe they have no idea about the bath house. Head in the sand.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 10:53:35 AM »

You can see the rooftop "sun deck" from inside the church and they have had some sticky situations with what has been seen.  The church is very aware that they are there.

JBTripper

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 02:40:26 PM »

You can see the rooftop "sun deck" from inside the church and they have had some sticky situations with what has been seen.  The church is very aware that they are there.

I cannot even imagine the degree to which pearls have been clutched in such circumstances.

JPalmer

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 02:46:08 PM »
I've always wondered what could be seen from the 2nd story of Landon Middle, that seems way more problematic.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 03:17:39 PM »
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 03:24:15 PM »

uh, don't we want the priests,pastors,etc to think about the children a little less often?