Author Topic: Brightline ready to expand rail system to Tampa  (Read 19356 times)

acme54321

Re: Brightline ready to expand rail system to Tampa
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2019, 06:48:07 AM »
^basically West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Not Jax or the much larger east coast ports north of Jax.

I know, at least in Florida he missed out on Canaveral (no rail access for anyone obviously), Jax, and much smaller Fernandina.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2019, 07:07:02 AM »
Also CSX does have sole access to Florida's largest port in Tampa. Doesn't seem like they're interested in selling the line into Tampa and Bone Valley.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Pottsburg

• Always Carry Always Conceal
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2019, 12:30:50 PM »
^basically West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Not Jax or the much larger east coast ports north of Jax.

I know, at least in Florida he missed out on Canaveral (no rail access for anyone obviously), Jax, and much smaller Fernandina.

Actually fun fact NASA had its own little railroad at one time. They still move stuff from time to time but it links up with FEC. FEC installed it for them and it goes all the way out on the cape. FEC used to maintain it at one time but it’s rarely used anymore so idk what they do with it now. It’s definitely still there though. No industries really go into that port so it would be kinda stupid to invest in a yard there.
Forza Napoli!  EPL has nothing on the Serie A

Pottsburg

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2019, 10:54:32 AM »
That train station is looking pretty good. I'll have to check it out when I'm back down there in a few weeks.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Todd_Parker

« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2019, 11:26:19 AM »
No need to feel envious, Jacksonvillians. Soon, JTA's driver-less porta potties/homeless hostels-on-wheels will put Tri-rail to shame!

MusicMan

Kiva

« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2019, 08:25:39 PM »
Rum train, and Whisky train. Great ideas, using the train as an experience rather than just as a way to get from A to B.

Pottsburg

« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2019, 11:54:24 AM »
Rum train, and Whisky train. Great ideas, using the train as an experience rather than just as a way to get from A to B.

They have already been doing this with Wine tasting trains and there Polar express during the holidays.  Great idea but you're not amazon, you need to show a profit soon or they're going to be in trouble

MusicMan

« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2019, 05:21:51 PM »

marcuscnelson

• Generation Z - Totally Screwed
« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2019, 01:07:11 PM »
Good news is good. Wake me up when they start going north of that. I'm heading to UF in the fall, I'd have loved a way to get from Gainesville to Orlando, without spending two hours in a car, or to come home without needing to worry about the speed traps in Waldo.

blizz01

« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2019, 06:14:25 PM »
Oh, they'd still figure out a way to stop the train in Waldo....and issue citations to all on board.

tufsu1

« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2019, 09:19:18 PM »
or to come home without needing to worry about the speed traps in Waldo.

Good news - those have been eliminated

marcuscnelson

• Generation Z - Totally Screwed
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2019, 03:13:40 PM »
Oh, they'd still figure out a way to stop the train in Waldo....and issue citations to all on board.

125 MPH in a 35? That's one hell of a ticket.