Author Topic: Brightline ready to expand rail system to Tampa  (Read 7125 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: Brightline ready to expand rail system to Tampa
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2018, 10:16:07 AM »
I'm not sure about that. Neither Tampa or Jax is getting anything until Orlando is operational anyway. Have they even started construction on the Beach Line segment yet? It will take a while to build all the grade separated crossings they'll need.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Pottsburg

• Always Carry Always Conceal
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2018, 10:07:06 AM »
Beach line?  Are you talking about the new 528 run?
Forza Napoli!  EPL has nothing on the Serie A

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2018, 10:13:40 AM »
Yes 528.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Kiva

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2018, 05:10:40 PM »
They need to hurry up. Our son was scheduled on a flight from JFK to JAX on Thursday (he originally flew from Europe). It was cancelled, and he was rebooked for Friday. Also cancelled. Delta airlines could not get him on another fight until Sunday. He is currently on Amtrak, arriving tomorrow morning! >:( If we had Brightline to Orlando it would help tremendously in terms of getting on international flights.

JaxAvondale

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2018, 07:30:00 AM »
I don’t think it would help us get more international flights. Most likely, we would take Brightline to Orlando for international flights.

Kiva

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2018, 08:24:11 AM »
Yes, that is what I meant. Take the Brightline to Orlando to catch a flight. It will not have an impact on international flights from Jax.

Pottsburg

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2018, 12:40:30 AM »
I'm not sure about that. Neither Tampa or Jax is getting anything until Orlando is operational anyway. Have they even started construction on the Beach Line segment yet? It will take a while to build all the grade separated crossings they'll need.

No construction north of west palm has started. When they do start it’ll depend how they bid the job. They may give it to three separate contractors who are responsible for a segment. No one knows yet. If I’m a contractor though, I want the 528 stretch.

Pottsburg

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2018, 12:42:11 AM »
They need to hurry up. Our son was scheduled on a flight from JFK to JAX on Thursday (he originally flew from Europe). It was cancelled, and he was rebooked for Friday. Also cancelled. Delta airlines could not get him on another fight until Sunday. He is currently on Amtrak, arriving tomorrow morning! >:( If we had Brightline to Orlando it would help tremendously in terms of getting on international flights.
My flight from FLL to LGA got canceled Friday. Had to literally cancel my whole trip, they were getting tornadoes in NY. Just bad luck I guess

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2018, 01:35:58 PM »

I wouldn't get too excited about Brightline going to Tampa.  So far they've failed to raise the money needed to build to Orlando.