Author Topic: Who has the best cheesesteak in town?  (Read 17292 times)

David

Re: Who has the best cheesesteak in town?
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2009, 09:09:09 PM »
David, it's Saturday night and you're online talking about cheesesteaks? no way!

Oh and Chris, next time you make that trek from rside to mayport, lemme know... I'd like to try that place.

It's early my man. Heading to the block party at O'Brothers soon.

DetroitInJAX

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2009, 09:26:48 PM »
I just drove by that on my way to subway..cant go out tonight as I have an early morning at work tomorrow.... There's some girl slinging fire on Lomax in front of the subway... weeeeeeeird

ChriswUfGator

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2009, 06:45:44 PM »
David, it's Saturday night and you're online talking about cheesesteaks? no way!

Oh and Chris, next time you make that trek from rside to mayport, lemme know... I'd like to try that place.

Hey no prob, will do!

And David is spot-on, we need something like that in R'side. I think it'd be packed all the time.

phllygurl0921

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2010, 02:40:56 PM »
I recently found this little place called Wing Depot. They have the Amoroso Rolls and the cheese whiz just like back home in Philly. They are amazing!!!!!! ;D

blizz01

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 02:41:48 PM »
Welcome - where is it located?

stjr

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2010, 05:10:58 PM »
I recently found this little place called Wing Depot. They have the Amoroso Rolls and the cheese whiz just like back home in Philly. They are amazing!!!!!! ;D

Welcome - where is it located?

People, we going in circles.  Wing Depot was posted in Post #1 on this thread.  Start at the top and read down.  ;D

P.S. Welcome to Jax, Phillygurl.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 05:13:54 PM by stjr »
Hey!  Whatever happened to just plain ol' COMMON SENSE!!

Bostech

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2010, 08:10:39 PM »
Miami Subs had good cheesesteakes but they closed long time ago.
Legalize Marijuana,I need something to calm me down after I watch Fox News.

If Jesus was alive today,Republicans would call him gay and Democrats would put him on food stamps.

RCahill

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2013, 12:56:04 PM »
Old thread but I'll add my .02 cents.

I grew up in Norristown (about 20 miles outside of Center City Philadelphia). Back there, we had Pudge's in Blue Bell. Awesome steaks.

Down here, closest I could find was a chain called the Philly Connection. Apparently there used to be a lot of them around here but there were only 2 up until recently when the one on Beach and St. John's Bluff closed. Now there is just the one down in Orange Park. There is a place up at River City called AD Buffalo or something that actually has the words "Best Philly Cheesesteak N Town" (I have no idea why they felt the need to exclude the 'I' from the word "IN"). Well, they are about as far from the best as I've ever tried. You have one option for cheese, provolone. That's it. What a joke.

That being said, I've checked out Philly's Finest and it's really good. Their soft drinks taste funny though for some reason. Probably from a gun behind the bar. That always makes it taste funny. But now that Philly Connection has closed (it was right around the corner from my work) I'm on a mission to find the best one. I'll let you know what I find out.

I-10east

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2020, 09:34:35 PM »
Bongiorno's Philly Steak Shop out Mayport is permanently closed. Man this sucks, the best authentic cheesesteak in Duval (and damn good pizza) is now gone, thanks to the CCP virus! RIP Bongiorno's  :'(
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 09:49:11 PM by I-10east »

MandarinNole

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2020, 03:50:21 PM »
I thought Biongiornos was good but there are lots of better options in my opinion.  Surfwiches, Sub Cultured, and Eddis In Sons (Recently transitioned from food truck to brick and mortar off Bowden) are all great choices.

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2020, 05:36:39 PM »
Subcultured off Mayport Rd is good, as is the Korean Philly served at Khloes Kitchen food truck (usually set up shop at FSCJ Kent Campus).

Definitely recommend Eddis and Sons, who have parked their food truck and are now in a brick and mortar location off Bowden Rd in the same strip mall as Mr Taco and Shut Em Down (who serves some great fried chicken in their own right).

Captain Zissou

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2020, 05:49:22 PM »
^That strip has always had some solid food options.  I loved Hunt Club and Flip Flops back in the day.  Watched most of the World Cup on my "lunch break" at Mr Taco.