Author Topic: Inside Murray Hill's Latest Restaurant: El Jefe  (Read 2314 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Inside Murray Hill's Latest Restaurant: El Jefe
« on: June 10, 2018, 03:55:02 PM »
Inside Murray Hill's Latest Restaurant: El Jefe

The renaissance of Murray Hill's Edgewood Avenue into Jacksonville's next great walkable mixed-use street continues.

Read More: https://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2018-jun-inside-murray-hills-latest-restaurant-el-jefe

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
Re: Inside Murray Hill's Latest Restaurant: El Jefe
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 05:10:46 PM »
I am a big fan of El Jefe's puffy tacos. I really hope they do well as I love the place.
"If it was that bad she would have reported it" Donald Trump

Jagsdrew

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 08:23:44 AM »
I was actually there yesterday for lunch, really enjoyed the food and atmosphere.  Will definitely be going back in the near future.
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

copperfiend

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 12:38:42 PM »
Going tomorrow night for the first time.

It seems to be doing pretty well so far.

benfranklinbof

• Murray Hill Billy
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 02:50:33 PM »
There seems to be a good crowd there every time I drive by.
I think they'll be fine!
The place is awesome and I'm glad they opened in Murray Hill.
Murray Hill Billy

Captain Zissou

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 03:00:25 PM »
I had dinner there on thursday and it was great.  Reasonably priced and everything was well made.

copperfiend

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 08:04:08 AM »
My wife and I went for the first time last night.

It was early, around 530pm but there was already a pretty decent crowd.

The service was great. We were seated, and waited on promptly.

The food was great. I had the puffy tacos, which were as good as advertised. A little greasy but that is to be expected with something fried.

Nothing was too salty, which is something I can't stand with the Mexican places in town. Will definitely go back.

MusicMan

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 12:44:03 PM »
Ate lunch there yesterday. Plenty of seats available, fast efficient service, very good food. 

remc86007

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 03:20:29 PM »
Had lunch there today. The food was wonderful and it has a really nice atmosphere. They give you lots of food. I couldn't finish all three of my puffy tacos. Their salsa verde/guac dip is great as are the fresh chips. There was a decent crowd even when we left close to 2PM. I'll be back.

carpnter

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 11:49:43 PM »
The wife and I were there Saturday night after the Phil Keaggy concert at the Murray Hill Theater.  We both got the kitchen sink and it, and the service, was excellent.  At 9:45 or so it wasn't very crowded so we had no problem getting a seat. Their creamy avocado dip (can't really call it a salsa) and their salsa were both good.  My wife said she would have licked the bowl for the avocado dip if she thought she could have gotten away with it.   :P

pierre

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 08:15:33 AM »
I have been twice so far. First time was a weeknight dinner. Crowd was pretty decent but we were seated right away. The service was very good and the food was excellent. Everything came out quick and tasted fresh and delicious.

Went again yesterday mid-afternoon. It was packed. A lot of families, and a lot of people watching soccer. The crowd there is very diverse. The service was even better. She was fantastic. The food was good. But the puffy tacos were a bit overdone. The meat and everything inside was good, but the shell was too hard. Other than that, everything was good.

The food is more than you would pay at a place like La Napolera or Salsa's. But the food quality is so much better, it is worth the extra bucks. And the service so far, has been great. Will go again, for sure.

exnewsman

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 09:43:39 AM »
How about that.. restaurant reviews from posters with no less than 600 posts. That seems a bit more reliable than say those glowing reviews of a new restaurant on the very first (and usually only) post. Can't wait to try El Jefe.

FlaBoy

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2018, 10:46:05 AM »
Carne Asada tacos were excellent.