Author Topic: Occupy Wall Street  (Read 917 times)

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
Occupy Wall Street
« on: May 24, 2018, 08:06:49 AM »
Ever wondered "where are they now?". I think we have our answer....

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/22/us/judge-rules-son-must-move-out-new-york-trnd/index.html

Kerry

Re: Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 08:55:01 AM »
Maybe he can knock it out of the park at the freaking Catalina Wine Mixer then hook up with Prestige Worldwide.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 11:27:06 AM by Kerry »
Third Place

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 09:09:42 AM »
Maybe he can knock it out of the part at the freaking Catalina Wine Mixer then hook up with Prestige Worldwide.
Boats and Hoes!
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 09:11:39 AM »
I was originally thinking he would lead the charge for Universal Basic Income but that might take....effort.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 09:16:22 AM »
Maybe he can knock it out of the part at the freaking Catalina Wine Mixer then hook up with Prestige Worldwide.
Boats and Hoes!

I must admit I didn't get the response from Kerry but found that video from "the internets". It was definitely a good use of my time.

Thank you, gentlemen.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 10:40:49 AM »
That dude must have some kind of issue. Anybody that can do all that legal research to mount a defense but can't find an apartment in 30 days despite having $1100 from the parents who are trying to kick him out has something going on.

That, or he's some kind of mooch genius. I bet he's going to rent an Air BNB and then tell the owners they have to give him 6 months to leave.

This bit seems a bit, well...

2) Sell the other things you have that have any significant value, (e.g. stereo, some tools etc.). This is especially true for any weapons you may have. You need the money and will have no place for the stuff.

Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 12:21:21 PM »
I bet he's going to rent an Air BNB and then tell the owners they have to give him 6 months to leave

I'll go with plants himself at a Starbucks and brings his talents to The CelebertyCafe

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 12:37:08 PM »
I bet he's going to rent an Air BNB and then tell the owners they have to give him 6 months to leave

I'll go with plants himself at a Starbucks and brings his talents to The CelebertyCafe

Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 12:51:16 PM »
The plot thickens...

The 30-year-old millennial who is getting evicted by his parents explains why he's too busy for a career
Matthew Michaels 

Michael Rotondo was ordered by a judge this week to vacate his parents' home, but he says he needs more time.

Rotondo, 30, told Business Insider that he was prioritizing parenthood over his career.

Rotondo, who lost visitation rights to his child, says only that he has performed "unskilled labor." The Daily Mail reported that he filed a discrimination lawsuit against Best Buy last year over his firing.

On Tuesday, a judge ordered a 30-year-old man to leave his parents' home, where he has been living for the past eight years.

The man, Michael Rotondo, argued in court that he needed more time to move out so he could get settled financially.

Rotondo told Business Insider that he became a father shortly after he moved in with his parents and that parenthood was at least partly why he still lived with them. He said that having a career was secondary to being a father.

"I've been a father for the past few years," Rotondo said. "That's what I've been doing. I really haven't been pursuing a career."

He added that he had been "working here and there, doing things, but mostly being a father."

Rotondo has never lived with his child but said he saw his child regularly.

He told Business Insider he was pursuing a career only passively because "I saw my child frequently enough where I became a significant component of my child's life."

Rotondo said, however, that he recently lost his visitation rights and that as a result, his parents "have been trying to coerce me away" and had stopped feeding him. He said a notice to vacate was "a retaliatory action" for losing his visitation rights.

"I was an excellent father," Rotondo told Business Insider, adding that he would take his child fishing and had foregone buying clothes for himself so he could take his child skiing. "I was a great father, and [the child] needed me in their life.

"That's why I'm not the CEO of a big company," Rotondo said about his responsibility as a parent. "That's why I'm living with my parents still."

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-30-year-old-millennial-ordered-to-vacate-parents-house-has-no-career-2018-5

'I'm too busy to get a job': 'Deadbeat' US millennial, 30, who was evicted from his parents' home by a judge, tells how a bitter row over

By Ashley Collman For Dailymail.com

PUBLISHED: 16:41 EDT, 22 May 2018 | UPDATED: 16:37 EDT, 23 May 2018

The 30-year-old man who garnered national attention for his refusal to move out of his parents' home has spoken out to detail his troubles with his folks.

On Tuesday, a judge ordered Michael Rotondo to move out of his parents' home in Camillus, New York, where he has been living rent-free for nearly a decade.

In an interview with DailyMail.com after the hearing, Michael said that his issues with his parents, Mark and Christina, are tied to his custody battle over his son.   

Michael says he lost custody of his son, whose age he wouldn't disclose, back in September. The boy now lives with his mother full time, who Michael says he was never married to, or in a relationship with.

He says he immediately filed an appeal as a 'poor person' so that his court fees could be waived going forward. But he says his parents complicated matters when they said he needed a job and health insurance if he was to continue living with them.

Michael refused, saying that his job at the moment was getting his son back.

When they offered to pay for his health insurance, Michael explained that he couldn't take that money because it would compromise getting the 'poor person' status.

Shortly after, he says his parents stopped providing food for him, and cut off his cellphone. They also said he couldn't use the laundry machines in the house anymore.

His parents also went to court to try to get visitation of their grandchild. Michael says it was two days after that hearing that he got his first letter, in which his parents said they had 'decided that you must leave this house immediately'.

The went on to send him four more letters, but Michael refused to budge.

Michael says he hasn't always lived at home. He says about eight years ago he lived in an apartment for a year and a half. He says it was around that time that he became a father.

He eventually moved back in with his parents though when he lost his job (

When asked where he was working at the time, Michael said he didn't 'want to disclose' his work history.

DailyMail.com did discovered that he used to work at a Best Buy, and that he is suing the company for discrimination, saying he was fired when he said he couldn't work Saturdays since that is when he had visitation with his child. He is seeking nearly $340,000 in damages, pay and attorney's fees from the big box store.

He said he went to college, but didn't finish his degree. He started off studying engineering at Onondaga Community College, but switched to business when he 'couldn't hack the math'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5759301/Deadbeat-millennial-tells-parents-sought-evict-home.html#ixzz5GRFhfyRA

TLDR: The guy had a kid (who didn't live with him) and that was his excuse for not having a job and living with his parents for the last 8 years. Then he lost his visitation rights with the kid, and now his parents are giving him the boot apparently partly in hopes that they can get visitation with the grandchild. Though Rotondo is a deadbeat, he's skilled at filing law suits, so he's got that going for him.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 12:56:39 PM by Tacachale »

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 12:56:39 PM »

Thank you for getting that.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 02:38:37 PM »

Why Donut over Doughnut?

Maybe a bit off topic from the thread at hand, but I just noticed the sig and well.... let's face it...  How much more can you derail a thread that had "boats and hoes" in one of the 1st 3 responses.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 03:00:17 PM »

Why Donut over Doughnut?

Maybe a bit off topic from the thread at hand, but I just noticed the sig and well.... let's face it...  How much more can you derail a thread that had "boats and hoes" in one of the 1st 3 responses.

Excellent question. A variety of reasons. As a New Englander, Dunkin Donuts has a special place in my heart even though it is a chain and more for their coffee but whatever.

I prefer the look of the word donut over doughnut and for efficiency (aka I am lazy when it comes to typing).

I do try to  mix up my spelling in the donut thread as I try to please both parties that may feel strongly one way or the other.