Author Topic: Southbank's Home Street apartment project to break ground in June  (Read 1897 times)

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities

Catalyst Development Partners of Atlanta said Tuesday it will break ground in June to build the 147-unit luxury Home Street Apartments, also referred to as the San Marco Apartments, although the name will change.

The first residents will move in during summer 2019 and completion of all the units and amenities is scheduled for the first quarter of 2020.

Catalyst Partners paid $2.45 million May 15 for the property, which is near the Southbank. Trustmark National Bank of Birmingham, Alabama, issued a mortgage of $18.06 million.

Full article: https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/the-mathis-report-property-for-home-street-apartments-sold-for-dollar2-45-million
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Captain Zissou

Re: Southbank's Home Street apartment project to break ground in June
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 09:28:20 AM »
This is great news.  Moving from concept to construction to completion is key!  We need to get these projects finished before the next downturn.  My most anticipated project in this area is the Baptist Convention site, but this will be some welcome infill that will add to the southbank's density.

jaxnyc79

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 09:30:18 AM »
This is fantastic news!  Do we consider this downtown or San Marco?  I hope we see 50 more of such projects.  They're managing to squeeze this on to a tiny amount of acreage, so surely there's real-estate availability for this sort of product elsewhere.  They're not asking for any incentives - COJ should be giving them a medal. 

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 09:32:42 AM »
This site is in the Southbank.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Tacachale

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 09:44:02 AM »
This is fantastic news!  Do we consider this downtown or San Marco?  I hope we see 50 more of such projects.  They're managing to squeeze this on to a tiny amount of acreage, so surely there's real-estate availability for this sort of product elsewhere.  They're not asking for any incentives - COJ should be giving them a medal.

Southbank which is officially part of Downtown, though not the downtown core. That means it has a different overlay and zoning than San Marco and is subject to DDRB review.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

acme54321

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 10:16:03 AM »
Good stuff.  Glad to see this moving forward but sad to see all of the huge oaks that are going to be taken down.  We walked down home street the other day and I could only imagine how it looked a hundred years ago lined with homes and those oaks freshly planted.  If that neighborhood had survived in tact it would have been a gem now.

If it goes to plan I wouldn't be surprised if move in here before Broadstone Riverhouse ;D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 10:28:23 AM by acme54321 »

pierre

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 12:13:32 PM »
This should be a nice addition to the area. The more residents, the better.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 12:40:52 PM »
Great! Get moving quick haha!

This plus the Baptist site will really better connect the Southbank and San Marco. Should even see an increase in Skyway ridership too.

How's the street resurfacing (and more) plan for Riverplace Blvd looking timewise. Is that still going to happen?

FlaBoy

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 12:58:19 PM »
Maybe the Prudential lot next door can be next for some apartments. Not much street retail needed although there will be the need for a garage on the property to accommodate the workers at Prudential.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 02:42:45 PM »
4 of the largest Southbank/North San Marco surface lots now have vertical construction on them.  I believe baptist is leaving room for further development on 2 of their lots.  As these parking lots disappear, the remaining land will be more valuable and hopefully to the point that landowners can justify selling off  75% of the remaining lots to developers and putting garages on the rest.

acme54321

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 03:25:09 PM »
4 of the largest Southbank/North San Marco surface lots now have vertical construction on them.  I believe baptist is leaving room for further development on 2 of their lots.  As these parking lots disappear, the remaining land will be more valuable and hopefully to the point that landowners can justify selling off  75% of the remaining lots to developers and putting garages on the rest.

Baptist Main Deck, MD Anderson Deck, and Broadstone?  What's the 4th?

Baptist also has that dumpy lot on the south side of Nira at the RR crossing, I wonder if they'll sell that off when the new deck is done?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:26:49 PM by acme54321 »

Captain Zissou

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 04:36:23 PM »
^MD Anderson Hospital (was a couple poorly done lots as well as intermittent buildings, so not a huge lot like baptist main), Parking deck behind JOI for MD Anderson, Broadstone, Baptist Main.  Based on how the garages behind JOI and the Baptist Main are configured on the sites, I suspect there are plans for future buildings there. That Nira street lot could be something cool.

MusicMan

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 12:03:14 PM »
What's the latest on the Baptist Convention site on Hendricks. They closed on it almost a year ago for over $6,000,000 I believe.

Josh

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 12:14:26 PM »

Wasn't CSX planning on building on their front parking lot too? Assuming I didn't imagine it, I'm assuming the plans for that have gone out the window due to the present state of the company.

The Times Union Center could definitely use more parking on their side of Water St.

howfam

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 08:15:10 AM »
Good stuff.  Glad to see this moving forward but sad to see all of the huge oaks that are going to be taken down.  We walked down home street the other day and I could only imagine how it looked a hundred years ago lined with homes and those oaks freshly planted.  If that neighborhood had survived in tact it would have been a gem now.

If it goes to plan I wouldn't be surprised if move in here before Broadstone Riverhouse ;D

I'm just the opposite. Glad to see fewer oaks, hopefully in favor of more palm trees. Though oaks contribute to tree canopy, they are not very aesthetic and don't fit the urban (or Floridian ) context the way palms do. But, also glad to see the project moving forward, though I think it needs to be taller, being visible from I-95.