Author Topic: Plans for Jones Brothers Furniture lofts released  (Read 2810 times)

MusicMan

Re: Plans for Jones Brothers Furniture lofts released
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 03:52:21 PM »
Sorry, I hijacked the thread.

Just drove past it, not a big building. Would want more sq feet for my pool hall....

lastdaysoffla

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 09:59:53 PM »
Looks great. I'm hoping that "coffee shop" is just a placeholder idea, though. The core needs diversity in food & drink options almost as much as it needs residential space.

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT)
    • Music and Personal Info Website
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 10:44:20 PM »
Looks great. I'm hoping that "coffee shop" is just a placeholder idea, though. The core needs diversity in food & drink options almost as much as it needs residential space.
I agree; how many dog gone coffee shops can you have? That's gonna play out real quick if there's too many.
DONATE TODAY TO HELP ALL WHO ARE IN NEED BY CLICKING HERE ON MY MUSIC WEBISTE: http://HTTP://WWW.REVERBNATION.COM/COSTON; ALL PURCHASES ARE DONATIONS TO HELP ALL OF THOSE WHO ARE NEEDY, UNDERPRIVILEGED AND DISADVANTAGED.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 06:32:40 AM »
You'll be amazed. In Philly, it feels like there's a Dunkin Donuts on every other block. In Seattle, it feels like there's a Starbucks on every other block. In Asheville, it feels like there's a craft brewery on every other block. Ultimately, the market will decide what's our saturation point.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 06:53:48 AM »
Lake is there a photographic record of Genovar's Hall from back in the day? Something that could be drawn upon when the restoration begins?

Here's a pic from the early 1990s.

Saw a similiar building in Pilsen (Chicago) earlier this week:

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

heights unknown

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 11:07:50 PM »
You'll be amazed. In Philly, it feels like there's a Dunkin Donuts on every other block. In Seattle, it feels like there's a Starbucks on every other block. In Asheville, it feels like there's a craft brewery on every other block. Ultimately, the market will decide what's our saturation point.
In all due respect, in Jacksonville there will be a parking garage on every other block, with a coffee shop on the ground floor, and a coffee shop on the ground floor of just about all other businesses. In my opinion, Jacksonville is not really a "coffee shop" city like seattle or philly. We should strive to utilize our own identity, our southern identity and roots, i.e., maybe a few small diners that not only serve coffee, but breakfast...I think that's the southern, north florida way. (just shooting off here...never mind me please).
DONATE TODAY TO HELP ALL WHO ARE IN NEED BY CLICKING HERE ON MY MUSIC WEBISTE: http://HTTP://WWW.REVERBNATION.COM/COSTON; ALL PURCHASES ARE DONATIONS TO HELP ALL OF THOSE WHO ARE NEEDY, UNDERPRIVILEGED AND DISADVANTAGED.

heights unknown

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 11:10:27 PM »
Lake is there a photographic record of Genovar's Hall from back in the day? Something that could be drawn upon when the restoration begins?

Here's a pic from the early 1990s.

Saw a similiar building in Pilsen (Chicago) earlier this week:

Damn, it's almost identical. I wonder if it was the same architect and maybe we got that design (someone did maybe) from Chicago. WOW.

Jagsdrew

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2018, 08:27:28 AM »
DDRB gave conception approval last night for the Jones Brothers building yesterday. Progress!
Twitter: @Jagsdrew