Author Topic: Jacksonville-based soccer academy partners with Premier League club  (Read 720 times)

Adam White

• Facebook
I saw this in the news today - and was surprised (and pleased) to learn that Florida Elite Soccer Academy is based out of Jacksonville. Don't know exactly what this will lead to, but it's likely to help the cause of soccer on the First Coast!

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/club-partners-with-florida-elite-soccer-academy-160418/

The Club is delighted to announce a partnership with Florida Elite Soccer Academy, one of the largest and most progressive youth football organisations in the USA, as part of our continued drive to support the development of the game at grassroots level in North America.

The Club has signed an initial three-year agreement that will consist of a fully-qualified Tottenham Hotspur coach working alongside Florida Elite’s coaching staff all year round. The partnership will help train multiple elite teams, while overseeing player development using renowned coaching methods developed within the Tottenham Hotspur Academy. Florida Elite players will also have the chance to visit London and train at our world-class Training Centre, Hotspur Way.

Florida Elite Soccer Academy formed in 2014 after two established clubs in Jacksonville, Florida, joined forces after being brought together by Sean Bubb, whose sole intention was to create the ultimate youth football environment. In just three years, Florida Elite has grown to be the largest and most successful football club in the state.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

JaxAvondale

Re: Jacksonville-based soccer academy partners with Premier League club
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 10:45:01 AM »
It will be interesting to see if Fulham can move up and if that will result in pre-season matches in Jax. I’m hoping for some West Ham matches in Florida this summer.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 10:52:11 AM »
It will be interesting to see if Fulham can move up and if that will result in pre-season matches in Jax. I’m hoping for some West Ham matches in Florida this summer.

They're in contention for the play-off spots, right? (Fulham)

As far as West Ham are concerned, are they touring the USA this summer? Spurs are (apparently), though I don't know if they've revealed where they will be playing, yet.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 11:31:32 AM »

As far as West Ham are concerned, are they touring the USA this summer? Spurs are (apparently), though I don't know if they've revealed where they will be playing, yet.

They are a lock for a playoff spot and in contention for an automatic promotion, though it's looking unlikely now. Which is a bummer...having made the playoff last year but failed to promote, it would be deflating to go through the same thing again.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 06:36:58 AM »

They are a lock for a playoff spot and in contention for an automatic promotion, though it's looking unlikely now. Which is a bummer...having made the playoff last year but failed to promote, it would be deflating to go through the same thing again.

Not sure what promotion to the Premier League for Fulham would do for Jacksonville, but it can't hurt.

On the one hand, I think it would've been nice to see Fulham partner with the local soccer academy, but on the other hand, it's probably a lot better for the academy if they partner with Spurs.