Author Topic: Jaguars State of the Franchise 2018  (Read 31509 times)

vicupstate

Re: Jaguars State of the Franchise 2018
« Reply #345 on: September 13, 2018, 09:45:10 AM »
I also was at that show.  I enjoyed deep purple way more than I thought I would. 

You can hear concerts perfectly well in Lot J.  Its loud.  BUT, inside a modern well insulated building it shouldn't be too bad.  Inside a wood frame house, it would be terrible.

Most apartment complexes I see built these days are absolutely wood frame.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

Lostwave

« Reply #346 on: September 14, 2018, 09:14:47 AM »
I also was at that show.  I enjoyed deep purple way more than I thought I would. 

You can hear concerts perfectly well in Lot J.  Its loud.  BUT, inside a modern well insulated building it shouldn't be too bad.  Inside a wood frame house, it would be terrible.

Most apartment complexes I see built these days are absolutely wood frame.

Right, but the lot J proposal is all highrise.  Def not going to be sticks.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #347 on: September 14, 2018, 12:41:49 PM »
Except those renderings are conceptual. Those highrises aren't real projects. Just drawings to impress people, that happen to change every year.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #348 on: September 14, 2018, 05:21:36 PM »
To impress people? I would think the renderings are just to give people an idea what the project would like like. It’s those with their personal agendas that try and change that!

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #349 on: September 14, 2018, 08:18:58 PM »
The market determines what things will ultimately be. Slick renderings before digging into the details are great for gaining political and public support. However, they can lead to big disappointment when what's built does not compare to what is prematurely sold.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

marcuscnelson

« Reply #350 on: September 14, 2018, 11:21:20 PM »
The market determines what things will ultimately be. Slick renderings before digging into the details are great for gaining political and public support. However, they can lead to big disappointment when what's built does not compare to what is prematurely sold.

cough coughDaily's Placecough cough

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #351 on: September 15, 2018, 07:54:45 AM »
Although a difficult comparison since it includes no retail or residential space, Daily's Place also ended up looking completely different than the original renderings. It was certainly value engineered. If Lot J and the other stuff materialize, they will be as well. This no knock on Iguana, it's just the typical process.

KenFSU

« Reply #352 on: September 15, 2018, 10:56:35 AM »

Here's what the City Council was shown when they approved $90 million for an amphitheater and practice facility.

Here's what they got:

If you want to know what a Lot J development would actually end up looking like, a good place to start would be looking at some of Cordish's other developments in places like Texas, St. Louis, Kansas City, etc. The newer Cordish developments in particular have a bit of a distinct look.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #353 on: September 15, 2018, 12:10:33 PM »
Not many Cordish developments look like the Shipyards renderings with towers all over the place. None that I can think of in a metro of Jax's size.

marcuscnelson

« Reply #354 on: September 15, 2018, 02:59:46 PM »
There's also the example of how the Jacksonville Regional Transportation Center went from this:

To this:

To this:

MusicMan

« Reply #355 on: September 16, 2018, 12:30:28 PM »
Should the Jags make a play for LeVeon Bell? Just as in his college career,  Fournette is always injured.

Bell on the other hand is reliable and undeniably the best RB in the NFL.

Just putting that out there. 

remc86007

« Reply #356 on: September 16, 2018, 08:56:44 PM »
Our backup RBs didn't suck today.

One of the most fun I've had at Jags game!

MusicMan

« Reply #357 on: September 17, 2018, 08:30:25 AM »
The O line is dramatically improved. There has never really been anything wrong with the back up RB's.  Our O line sucked up until last year.

Seriously, we whooped the Patriots with Fournette on the bench......

KenFSU

« Reply #358 on: October 04, 2018, 12:33:57 PM »
Not sure what the implications are, but apparently the city is rezoning the entire Shipyards/Met Park/Lot J area as "central business district."

jaxnyc79

« Reply #359 on: October 04, 2018, 01:28:38 PM »
Not sure what the implications are, but apparently the city is rezoning the entire Shipyards/Met Park/Lot J area as "central business district."

Can we now boast the largest central business district in Florida (in land area)?