Author Topic: Jaguars State of the Franchise 2018  (Read 28449 times)

Tacachale

• Administrator
Re: Jaguars State of the Franchise 2018
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2018, 02:32:43 PM »
Leave the board for months at a time and come back to the same skepticism. Seems like only yesterday many here were saying there's no way they're taking down that roadway, there's no way the state is kicking in money in the short term to take down that roadway, there's no way, no way, no way.

((( sigh )))

One thing we may need to hope for is with Trump's winning strategy (y'all doubted that, too) and with multiple foreign corporations now needing a greater American presence to avoid tariffs, etc., that some outfit (or three) now in London or elsewhere will set up shop in this new development.

The Jaguars have confidently presented a $2.5 billion plan, introduced the Cordish Company to us, and told us Beyer Blinder Belle Architects & Planners LLP developed the master development plan.

They aren't blowing smoke. It's going to happen. The riverfront is proving to be too much of an immediate headache. Spend that money on Lot J now, get the development rolling, focus that riverfront more on park space -- remediation becomes a much, much simpler problem then.

Density, density, density -- right? Y'all should be jumping for joy. Density we will get.

Folks have been banging that gong for years, and we're still not close to any of this stuff happening.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2018, 02:48:57 PM »
Hasn't it been like two years since the idea of demolishing the Hart ramps first hit the press? We're still years away from seeing that street plan in the renderings become reality. Btw, I like the Lot J renderings. I'm just a realist in that the master plan shown won't be built.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

MusicMan

« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2018, 10:56:02 PM »
If there's one thing we've learned, a snails pace is faster than Jacksonville's pace.  Wasn't it 1000 days ago Peter Rummell was awarded development right to the JEA South Bank parcel, and he hasn't even closed on the real estate YET.......................

RattlerGator has a long streak of mis-predicting things, so don't hold your breath.

"Trump's winning strategy", did that include the first Democratic Senator from Alabama in 25 years?

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT)
    • Music and Personal Info Website
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2018, 12:28:59 AM »
I'm a big fan of Shad Khan but can anyone explain to me why his Florida residence is in Naples, not Jacksonville?

That makes no sense to me.

I also like how his yacht is prominently featured in the renderings!

I think a lot of people don't understand Shad outside of the Jaguars. He is first and foremost a businessman at his company Flex N Gate.  He spends the majority of this time traveling around the world for business meeting with car companies, distributors and manufacturers.  If he's in the states, its not in Jacksonville, rather his HQ in Champaign, Illinois where Flex N Gate is headquartered.  He is not in Jacksonville much.  If you see his boat parked downtown, doesn't mean he's in Jacksonville.  The yacht operates on a schedule so it might be parked there for 3 weeks, but he will only be in Jax for 3 days. I'm sure he is in Jax one more day today and he will be off somewhere by EOD.

The Jaguars are one of his other businesses but he appointed Mark Lamping to run the business operation and Tom Coughlin to run the football operation.  This setup is TOTALLY different than the Weaver's when Wayne was overseeing in full capacity the business and football operation on a day-to-day basis.

Makes sense to me; how did you acquire this info? But it makes a lot of BUSINESS sense!
DONATE TODAY TO HELP ALL WHO ARE IN NEED BY CLICKING HERE ON MY MUSIC WEBISTE: http://HTTP://WWW.REVERBNATION.COM/COSTON; ALL PURCHASES ARE DONATIONS TO HELP ALL OF THOSE WHO ARE NEEDY, UNDERPRIVILEGED AND DISADVANTAGED.

jaxjags

« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2018, 12:48:05 PM »
Did a little on line research. In KC Cordish  has opened the One Light, a 26 story luxury apartment building. The rents I could find are $2.00 sq. ft. or $1615 for a 809 sq. ft. one bedroom. Can Jax support those kinds of rents. Also there we city incentives. The article implies these incentives were $3 million more than the ones below.

Light Two is under construction and the KC Business Journal provided this:

1. 300 units in 18 stories over top a 6 story garage, retail and office space.
2. $105 million total and Cordish is covering $88 million.
3. City is paying approx. $17 million (although my calculation puts it closer to $20 million)
4. Incentive is $27,260 per parking space and $16,666 per apartment unit.
5. Rents also in the $1.90-$2.00 per sq. ft.

In this set-up City and Cordish providing the equity. Where would Iguana fit in at Lot J?

Just a few thoughts and questions.

vicupstate

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2018, 01:15:31 PM »
^^ How does $2 a foot compare to The Strand? That is the closest comparable.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2018, 05:37:10 PM »
^Closer to $1.50 than $2.00. If Jax could really support a glut of rents at $2/square foot, there would be cranes all over downtown. It can't, which is why incentives are needed for projects despite the low vacancy rates.

https://www.thestrandjacksonville.com/jacksonville/the-strand/
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 05:39:41 PM by thelakelander »
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

billy

« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2018, 06:26:52 AM »
Will there ever be a Flex N Gate plant in Duval County?

RattlerGator

« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2018, 07:52:26 AM »
If there's one thing we've learned, a snails pace is faster than Jacksonville's pace.  Wasn't it 1000 days ago Peter Rummell was awarded development right to the JEA South Bank parcel, and he hasn't even closed on the real estate YET.......................

RattlerGator has a long streak of mis-predicting things, so don't hold your breath.

"Trump's winning strategy", did that include the first Democratic Senator from Alabama in 25 years?

Ahhhh, I'm basking in the love. Basking, I tellz ya. A long streak? Okay, but the fact that Donald Trump as *your* President is problematic gives me great satisfaction. Day 458 of the Trump Administration -- is that, too, a long streak MM ? ? ?

I also love how people on this board, apparently versed in development processes, conveniently forget how that process plays out over years . . . when necessary for snark. But MusicMan, I'll get back with you after the midterms on that winning strategy. So far, I'm sitting pretty. BIGLY pretty, if you knows what I meanz.

RattlerGator

« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2018, 08:03:57 AM »
Hasn't it been like two years since the idea of demolishing the Hart ramps first hit the press? We're still years away from seeing that street plan in the renderings become reality. Btw, I like the Lot J renderings. I'm just a realist in that the master plan shown won't be built.

Years away, Ennis? I'm curious: how many years would you say? Because I seem to remember you (or someone else here, I'm getting old -- if necessary, forgive me) insinuating we wouldn't be getting *any* state money for that, or certainly not money any time soon . . . and we now have it. Nor would we get federal money any time soon. And, Ennis, we're going to get that federal money too. Soon. Take that to the bank.

So . . . how many years, my man?

And I ask that from this perspective: you seem to have accepted that it *will* get done. So the glass has moved from half-empty to half-full. Progress, at last. Congratulations!

As for the renderings: it isn't unusual, is it, for the end product to not perfectly reflect the master plan? I mean, Shad Khan's team have been masters of get-her-done flexibility but I don't sense much dap being given here for that. It's a tremendously positive sign for Jacksonville that such a positive, professional skillset resides with the owner of our NFL franchise . . . and our Mayor.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2018, 08:29:04 AM »

Years away, Ennis? I'm curious: how many years would you say? Because I seem to remember you (or someone else here, I'm getting old -- if necessary, forgive me) insinuating we wouldn't be getting *any* state money for that, or certainly not money any time soon . . . and we now have it. Nor would we get federal money any time soon. And, Ennis, we're going to get that federal money too. Soon. Take that to the bank.

And I ask that from this perspective: you seem to have accepted that it *will* get done. So the glass has moved from half-empty to half-full. Progress, at last. Congratulations!

As for the renderings: it isn't unusual, is it, for the end product to not perfectly reflect the master plan? I mean, Shad Khan's team have been masters of get-her-done flexibility but I don't sense much dap being given here for that. It's a tremendously positive sign for Jacksonville that such a positive, professional skillset resides with the owner of our NFL franchise . . . and our Mayor.

Looking at just the ramps, it’s been a year and a half and we’re still trying to put the money together. Nothing south of Gator Bowl Blvd happens without that. And that’s not the only hurdle. If not years, how long do you think it’ll take?
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2018, 09:02:34 AM »

I said that around 2 years ago and we still don't have the money to actually physically start demolishing. Hell, we still need to do a PD&E study. If we're lucky, maybe in five years or so, we'll be seeing this project wrap up. So add them up and that's 7 years since the original announcement.  So yes, we're years away.

Accepted what? Eventually the bridge would have to be rebuilt or torn down anyway. The idea of demolishing it didn't begin with Curry and Khan. That's been something I've heard in local planning circles since I moved to Jax back in 2003.

I have no problem with the concept. I think some people here expect things to happen overnight if Curry and Khan snap their fingers and that's why there may be some disappointment in the conceptual nature of what's illustrated every year. They're realizing what some of us already know....we're years away from seeing this stuff actually being built and completed.

I-10east

« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2018, 08:53:46 PM »
Those new unis are SO bland. They chose to put teal (JAX's favorite color) on the back burner again, just like before...The only thing concerning the new unis that they got right was the all black helmet. They should have left the unis alone, and change the two tone helmet to what we have now. Overwhelmingly, hardly anyone was clamoring for a full uni change, mainly Shad and Coughlin. #moneygrab
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 10:44:12 PM by I-10east »

JaGoaT

« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2018, 09:36:15 PM »
They’re going to start putting brands on NFL jerseys like soccer jerseys that’s why the new uniforms are so bland.

RattlerGator

« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2018, 07:56:44 AM »
It won't be anything close to five years, Ennis. They have the money for the PD&E and you have noticed, I presume, that Trump is President.

Things will move faster, much faster unless there is some incredible crash . . . and I know y'all aren't hoping for that.

Right?