Author Topic: More senior housing downtown  (Read 708 times)

jagsonville

KenFSU

Re: More senior housing downtown
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 07:06:18 PM »
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

jaxnyc79

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 11:04:34 AM »

New Construction is new construction, and at least these projects have more sidewalk-oriented designs versus the Cathedral Towers.  I'm hoping this is the beginning of an evolution, and this specialized housing is priming the pump for more general purpose housing.

jaxnyc79

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 01:44:16 PM »
I know I won't make many friends with this post, but I do feel like Lofts at LaVilla was a bit of a missed opportunity from a design perspective.  Yes, it's affordable housing, but could the design have been just a tad more consistent with the Prime Osborn?  Even though the Prime Osborn may be a flop as a Convention Center, it's actually a lovely and grand piece of classic architecture, and perhaps there was a chance to make that entire area classically designed on its road back to revitalization?  Almost like Berlin's Museum Island.  I'd also love to see the Prime Osborn incorporate some sort of Global Artisanal Eats Food Hall along with being a Transit Center.

cjwest31

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 01:38:35 AM »
Id love to see a line of beautiful marble pearl buildings that line the street leading to the prime that would be a great place for a grammy, essence, vh1, BET, or even to host the Olympics!  Hint hint!!

How'd u like a set of single buildings not attached glass,  n build 10 stars(withstanding cat. 5 hurricanes), accented with sea blue red, green, pink, purple, or even jaguar lights, lined with full grown canary islands date palms n birds of paradiseor banana trees or crabe Myrtle(sorry if I spelled it wrong) trees or cherry trees or even Sylvester palms along the street or in the parking lot, maybe the flower bed too, that would be a great site to see. Whoa,. I'd love to see Jax metro in 20yrs.  About 6million people n the best architecture a city has ever built.

P.s.  Remember we are the largest city in the lower 48 so let's build like it JAX!

KenFSU

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:33:34 PM »
Dime holding up a dollar.

Stupid stupid stupid.

A plan to build an affordable senior housing complex at the Northwest corner of Ashley Street and Newman Street received conceptual approval at the Downtown Development and Review Board meeting on Thursday, but the developers might have to reconsider some major design elements to get final approval.

Specifically, the board worried that the proposed six-story, modern building would overshadow and clash with Stevens Duval Apartments next door. The brick building is decades old and stands roughly 45 feet tall. The apartment complex plans call for a height of 70 feet.

Prior to final approval, Blue Sky Communities, the development company on the project, will need to receive a deviation to build the structure higher than the property’s 45-foot maximum height requirement as well as possibly alter the design to complement the building next door.

Source: https://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2018/04/20/downtown-housing-projects-gator-bowl-blvd-marquee.html
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/