Author Topic: Red Robins?  (Read 5388 times)

Glenn VL

Red Robins?
« on: April 06, 2018, 06:12:52 PM »
Has anyone been to Red Robins who can explain how the "bottom less fries" work? Are the burgers one handful? Two handfuls? Trying to co-plan an event. Thanks.

Tacachale

• Administrator
Re: Red Robins?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 08:25:05 PM »
OH DAMN Y’ALL GLENN IS BACK!
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 08:46:25 PM »
Went once in Birmingham years ago, didn't like it and haven't been back since. The burger was underwhelming to me.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

remc86007

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 03:54:28 PM »
Tastes like overpriced Burger King to me. Bottomless fries is exactly what it sounds like...unlimited refills of fries for the one who's entree came with fries. I personally would be embarrassed to ask for a second serving of fries even if I liked fries that much; but that's a different issue.

TimmyB

• T
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 07:29:29 PM »
The ones we were at in Michigan were actually pretty good, but I've never had a burger.  They have a couple of really good chicken sandwiches and the fries are quite decent.  (It's amazing how many places can screw up something as simple as french fries.)  Overpriced?  Not compared to trendy places like 5 Guys (which we also like very much), but if the restaurant you go to has poor food and poor service, then it doesn't matter WHAT the price is; it is overpriced.

KenFSU

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 09:30:19 PM »
Great question, Glenn.

The number of handfuls primarily depends on the style and toppings.

What were you thinking for your event?

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 03:56:03 PM »
Glenn,

Will this no doubt high society affair you are organizing at the hamburger hut cost more or less than the $300 in web design fees you still owe me?

Warmest Regards,
Susan

More cousins in town, presumably ;)
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

jagsonville

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 06:11:44 PM »
Lol We should hold a fundraiser so Susan can get paid and so Glenn can come back to posting freely.

KenFSU

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 01:28:04 PM »

vicupstate

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 02:13:38 PM »
Went once in Birmingham years ago, didn't like it and haven't been back since. The burger was underwhelming to me.

That is how I felt about Fuddrucker's. I went to the one at The Landing. The burger was underwhelming and the atmosphere sucked as well.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

jagsonville

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 02:44:25 PM »
You know you have been reading this forum for a while when you understand the fuddruckers/Landing comments.  ;D

funwithteeth

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 02:45:43 PM »
Never would have figured Glenn for a reprobate

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 06:35:23 PM »
I like to imagine that Glenn went to IKEA to do an ethnic dining review and was so blown away by the store in general that he's decided to camp out in one of the model apartments. He'll report back in a few months.

Kiva

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 09:47:15 PM »
I have no idea who Glenn is, but this reminds me of the Stephen Dare era. Let's all dogpile! This forum is really useful when it talks about the city and how to improve it. Don't make me get my ruler out and start slapping people!

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 10:07:20 PM »
I have no idea who Glenn is, but this reminds me of the Stephen Dare era. Let's all dogpile! This forum is really useful when it talks about the city and how to improve it. Don't make me get my ruler out and start slapping people!

Not to worry. Glenn VL is a satirical poster who did deadpan "reviews" of things happening at the Town Center, like this, before vanishing like a sprite to spread mirth elsewhere. He is much missed.