Author Topic: Pedal Pubs Coming To Downtown Jacksonville Waterfront  (Read 1243 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

jaxjaguar

Re: Pedal Pubs Coming To Downtown Jacksonville Waterfront
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 09:52:05 PM »
This is awesome! I can definitely see this quickly becoming popular. Hopefully the river cooperates haha

acme54321

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 11:50:58 PM »
I hope those things have some kind of electric assist motor.  I couldn't imagine trying to pedal that against ripping tide downtown.

dbjax

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 08:31:37 AM »
So I get to pay $35pp, do the work to drive it, AND BYOB?! I think the newness of this will wear off quickly.

remc86007

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 10:32:25 AM »
I think the price is okay, but I don't think I'd want to rely on my friends to pedal with me--especially while they are drinking. I think it would be way cooler (perhaps literally) if they made the entire roof out of solar panels and then had a large bank of batteries and an electric motor to run the paddle. If the roof was full of panels, on a sunny day it should make around 2KW. Then whatever pedaling occurs could help charge the battery. That plus a full charge on the batteries to start would make for a much more enjoyable experience as it could travel much farther up and down the river during the trip and you wouldn't have to pedal the whole time.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 10:42:24 AM »
Lol, I'm sure there's a motor as well. These things have popped up in other cities as well over the last few years. It'll do fine here.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 11:02:44 AM »
I think the price is okay, but I don't think I'd want to rely on my friends to pedal with me--especially while they are drinking. I think it would be way cooler (perhaps literally) if they made the entire roof out of solar panels and then had a large bank of batteries and an electric motor to run the paddle. If the roof was full of panels, on a sunny day it should make around 2KW. Then whatever pedaling occurs could help charge the battery. That plus a full charge on the batteries to start would make for a much more enjoyable experience as it could travel much farther up and down the river during the trip and you wouldn't have to pedal the whole time.

Yes I think you are correct. The photos show solar panels.

RiversideRambler

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 12:02:56 PM »
What about doing this in the intracoastal? I would think the current would be much more manageable and, unless you're bringing some renderings of the Shipyards, there's nothing too exciting to look at.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 01:09:28 PM »
I wonder if the people who own this company did any research before they decided to choose Jax as a location? Maybe they should've consulted with everyone on Metro Jacksonville first.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Lostwave

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 01:12:27 PM »
What about doing this in the intracoastal? I would think the current would be much more manageable and, unless you're bringing some renderings of the Shipyards, there's nothing too exciting to look at.

The current in the intracoastal is extremely strong and would be brutal if not impossible to try to pedal against.