Author Topic: Another Boutique Hotel in the Works for Northbank  (Read 3108 times)

KenFSU

Another Boutique Hotel in the Works for Northbank
« on: February 27, 2018, 07:31:23 AM »
From the Daily Record this Morning:

Pier lease, EverBank Field renaming on City Council agenda

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/pier-lease-everbank-field-renaming-on-city-council-agenda

Downtown Hotel

Another boutique hotel may be on the way Downtown in the next year.

The Downtown Investment Authority wants to amend some terms of an economic development agreement the city executed in 2011 with Parador Partners LLC, which built a parking garage next to the SunTrust Tower at Hogan Street and Independence Drive across from the Jacksonville Landing.

The 2011 agreement gave Parador Partners a five-year option to buy the corner property. It was supposed to close on the sale by January 2017 and begin construction of a structure of at least two stories 30 days after that.

Parador eventually conveyed the 0.27-acre site, known as the Sisters Cities Plaza, to Mainstreet CV 76 S. Laura St. LLC, but the sale did not close.

Mainstreet CV plans to build a boutique hotel on the site, although no brands or designs have been released. 

This bill moves the sale closing date to April, or 90 days after council approves the amendment, and extends the construction date to 12 months after the deed is conveyed.
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

FlaBoy

Re: Another Boutique Hotel in the Works for Northbank
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 12:55:17 PM »
From the Daily Record this Morning:

Pier lease, EverBank Field renaming on City Council agenda

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/pier-lease-everbank-field-renaming-on-city-council-agenda

Downtown Hotel

Another boutique hotel may be on the way Downtown in the next year.

The Downtown Investment Authority wants to amend some terms of an economic development agreement the city executed in 2011 with Parador Partners LLC, which built a parking garage next to the SunTrust Tower at Hogan Street and Independence Drive across from the Jacksonville Landing.

The 2011 agreement gave Parador Partners a five-year option to buy the corner property. It was supposed to close on the sale by January 2017 and begin construction of a structure of at least two stories 30 days after that.

Parador eventually conveyed the 0.27-acre site, known as the Sisters Cities Plaza, to Mainstreet CV 76 S. Laura St. LLC, but the sale did not close.

Mainstreet CV plans to build a boutique hotel on the site, although no brands or designs have been released. 

This bill moves the sale closing date to April, or 90 days after council approves the amendment, and extends the construction date to 12 months after the deed is conveyed.

That is poorly written. Are they talking about the small property at the corner of Independent and Hogan?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 01:23:10 PM »
Yes. It's on the NE corner of that intersection and includes the short dead end street.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

FlaBoy

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 02:07:32 PM »
Yes. It's on the NE corner of that intersection and includes the short dead end street.

Thanks. Interesting location that would be a very nice use of the parcel.

MusicMan

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 09:35:56 PM »
What size hotel fits on a quarter of an acre?

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 09:40:41 PM »

That’s not much smaller than the Life of the South building that Hotel Indigo is proposed for. Almost certainly going to need a little height.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 10:18:21 PM »
It was mentioned in one of the recent TU magazine articles about downtown. It would be vertical.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

KenFSU

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 10:24:28 AM »
108 rooms.

Approved by the DIA yesterday.
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!

jaxjaguar

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 12:06:27 PM »
This is great!

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John- www.jasonjohnart.com
    • Jason John Website
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 06:43:20 PM »
Any images?

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT)
    • Music and Personal Info Website
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 08:19:58 PM »
Now I'm looking at google Instant Streetview, and I see the parking garage, and a little bit of space I believe on the corner west of the parking garage; is this where the boutique hotel would be? That's a very slender/small space...would have to be vertical and kind of tall I would think, unless they are tearing down the parking garage and giving all that land to Mainstreet CV to develop and build the boutique hotel. Someone educate me on this please; just doesn't seem like enough space on that corner unless their talking about on the west side of Hogan street on independent drive in which there's certainly enough room there. If the boutique is to go on the east side of Hogan and independent drive, I guess it would be slender but go down that whole block towards Bay Street and the BOA building. Click here on this google earth layout please...the Parador parking garage is not there, but you can see the space where it was built, and the amount of space left west of the garage...quite slender...
http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/map/google_map_Jacksonville.htm
DONATE TODAY TO HELP ALL WHO ARE IN NEED BY CLICKING HERE ON MY MUSIC WEBISTE: http://HTTP://WWW.REVERBNATION.COM/COSTON; ALL PURCHASES ARE DONATIONS TO HELP ALL OF THOSE WHO ARE NEEDY, UNDERPRIVILEGED AND DISADVANTAGED.

acme54321

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 09:09:50 PM »
Now I'm looking at google Instant Streetview, and I see the parking garage, and a little bit of space I believe on the corner west of the parking garage; is this where the boutique hotel would be? That's a very slender/small space...would have to be vertical and kind of tall I would think, unless they are tearing down the parking garage and giving all that land to Mainstreet CV to develop and build the boutique hotel. Someone educate me on this please; just doesn't seem like enough space on that corner unless their talking about on the west side of Hogan street on independent drive in which there's certainly enough room there. If the boutique is to go on the east side of Hogan and independent drive, I guess it would be slender but go down that whole block towards Bay Street and the BOA building. Click here on this google earth layout please...the Parador parking garage is not there, but you can see the space where it was built, and the amount of space left west of the garage...quite slender...
http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/map/google_map_Jacksonville.htm

The site is the small triangular lot and little dead end street/parking area on the NE corner of Independent and Hogan.

Jax-Nole

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2018, 11:35:28 PM »

A 0.27 acre site is bigger than you think. It's roughly 10000 sq ft of usable space (excluding space for the sidewalks along the street). A rough comparison in size is the Florida Life Building and the Marble Bank Building of the Laura Street Trio. The footprint of those two buildings is approximately 0.24 acres.

KenFSU

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2018, 12:04:03 AM »
I'd expect somewhere between 9 and 11 floors for 108 rooms on .27 acres, using College Avenue in Tallahassee for reference (~150ish rooms, ~15 floors, also on .27 acres).

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT)
    • Music and Personal Info Website
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2018, 09:42:13 AM »
OK; that pretty much answers the question. I am from Jacksonville, no longer live there, but always educate myself on new construction, especially downtown, and for the life of me, I still cannot envision WHERE this parcel/lot of land is. I know where northeast is on Hogan going north on Hogan from Independent drive; so I would guess that it is across from BOA on Bay Street? Yes, across from the landing, but on the north end of Hogan to the left of the Parador Parking Garage, and across from BOA. Thanks everyone for kind of clearing this up.
DONATE TODAY TO HELP ALL WHO ARE IN NEED BY CLICKING HERE ON MY MUSIC WEBISTE: http://HTTP://WWW.REVERBNATION.COM/COSTON; ALL PURCHASES ARE DONATIONS TO HELP ALL OF THOSE WHO ARE NEEDY, UNDERPRIVILEGED AND DISADVANTAGED.