Author Topic: Rummell among prominent Republican donors supporting ultimatum on assault weapon  (Read 1153 times)

Tacachale

• Administrator

Rummell among prominent Republican donors supporting ultimatum on assault weapons

By Teresa Stepzinski
Posted at 11:22 AM Updated at 11:22 AM

Jacksonville developer Peter Rummell is among prominent Republican donors agreeing to contribute only to candidates supportive of a ban on assault rifles, The New York Times reports.

Jacksonville developer Peter Rummell is among prominent Republican donors agreeing to contribute only to candidates supporting a ban on assault rifles, The New York Times reports.

Rummell couldn’t be reached for comment Sunday.

He is quoted by the newspaper as supporting an ultimatum issued by Al Hoffman Jr. of North Palm Beach, a key Republican political contributor, who demanded Saturday that the party pass legislation restricting access to guns.

The ultimatum comes in the wake of the fatal mass school shooting in Parkland. A 19-year-old gunman armed with a semiautomatic AR-15 rifle killed 17 students and faculty last Wednesday in a rampage at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/20180218/rummell-among-prominent-republican-donors-supporting-ultimatum-on-assault-weapons
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

marcuscnelson

I'll believe it when I see it.  I have a feeling I know how his support and dollars will go if presented with a Republican who will cut his taxes, but is a firm 2nd Amendment guy, versus an anti-gun Democrat who will raise his taxes.

Gotta put your money where your mouth is, Rummell.

Will The District be a gun-free zone?

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District

Will The District be a gun-free zone?

More likely a development-free zone.