Author Topic: Winn-Dixie preparing for bankruptcy as early as March, 200 stores closing  (Read 792 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

JaxJersey-licious

Re: Winn-Dixie preparing for bankruptcy as early as March, 200 stores closing
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 08:01:58 PM »
Yeah, online shopping will not be the knife in the back of big box retailers but the fact that many of them like Bi-Lo where highly leveraged through hedge fund manager acquisitions. Once these companies got all the bonuses and fees for their shareholders and these companies can no longer keep up with debt payments, much less operating costs these hedge funds cut bait leaving the companies to remain a shell of themselves or cease to exist altogether. This has been happening with companies like Pay Less and Toys R Us but we will see a lot more examples now that the balloon payments for the debt used to restructure many of these companies come due.

TimmyB

• T
Re: Winn-Dixie preparing for bankruptcy as early as March, 200 stores closing
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 11:32:06 AM »
I sure hope not too many here in Jax close down.  I find the one nearest me is top-notch in customer service, and the last thing we need is less competition than there already is in the grocery area.