Author Topic: Elton John at Veterans: Anyone score tickets?  (Read 1043 times)

TimmyB

• T
Elton John at Veterans: Anyone score tickets?
« on: February 16, 2018, 10:28:57 AM »
Wow, I've bought a lot of tickets in my lifetime but I've never seen a show sell out in less than 60 seconds!  Literally, that's what I experienced today in trying to buy tickets for the Jax show, which as of now is the final US date on the tour.

I know I'll be able to buy them on the secondary market (at 100% markup) but wow, what a crazy system.  Ticketmaster must have upgraded their computers to allow those bots to buy their blocks of tickets much faster than before.

Anyone else have the same (or hopefully better) experience?

copperfiend

Re: Elton John at Veterans: Anyone score tickets?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 10:44:18 AM »
They had a presale code. I signed up to get the code weeks ago through his fan club and received an email saying they had so many requests for codes that I was on a wait list and would have to buy this morning.

I assume very few were available this morning. If any at all.

When Dave Matthews played Dailys Place last year, there were zero tickets available when they went on sale to the general public.

KenFSU

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 02:31:19 PM »
Should be a fun show.

Tickets on the secondary market aren't as bad as I thought they would be right now (in the door for $110) on Stubhub, but I could see them going way up as the event gets closer.

For arena shows like this where ticket demand greatly outstrips supply, it would be cool if they opened up Daily's Place for the overflow and showed the concert on closed circuit. Similar to what Madison Square Garden does with the 5,500 seat MSG theater. I'd buy a ticket.
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

TimmyB

• T
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 04:08:02 PM »
Should be a fun show.

Tickets on the secondary market aren't as bad as I thought they would be right now (in the door for $110) on Stubhub, but I could see them going way up as the event gets closer.

For arena shows like this where ticket demand greatly outstrips supply, it would be cool if they opened up Daily's Place for the overflow and showed the concert on closed circuit. Similar to what Madison Square Garden does with the 5,500 seat MSG theater. I'd buy a ticket.

We saw him about 25 years ago at the Palace of Auburn Hills.  Was an awesome show then, and I'm sure he still has it.  I'll probably wait until the secondary market settles a bit and see what it looks like.  When I first saw it this morning, cheapest was around $140.

RiversideHusker

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 06:50:07 PM »
I tried with the Amex presale last week right at 10 am (I believe the fan club presale started at 8 am) but wasn't able to purchase more than one Ticket no matter what I did, could only buy one. Maybe there weren't any two seats next to each other but I find that hard to believe. I could have purchased 2 Tickets for a VIP package, but wasn't interested. Haven't been to a concert in years and didn't realize how difficult it was.

TimmyB

• T
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 07:00:53 PM »
I tried with the Amex presale last week right at 10 am (I believe the fan club presale started at 8 am) but wasn't able to purchase more than one Ticket no matter what I did, could only buy one. Maybe there weren't any two seats next to each other but I find that hard to believe. I could have purchased 2 Tickets for a VIP package, but wasn't interested. Haven't been to a concert in years and didn't realize how difficult it was.

I had the worst luck last week for the AmEx sale.  I was on a plane to Michigan, WiFi turned on, and five minutes before ten, they shut the WiFi down as we were in the final approach.  By the time I got to ground level, it was 10:05 and all of them were gone.

It is interesting that you had that one-seat experience.  I had that today with the general sale.  I could find singles in every price zone, some actually pretty good seats, but if I tried two, it (almost) instantly said no tickets available.  Very strange to hear you say the same thing!