Author Topic: I made an interactive map of downtown.  (Read 1133 times)

Lostwave

I made an interactive map of downtown.
« on: February 02, 2018, 09:41:19 AM »
I made an interactive map of downtown, its a work in progress and nowhere near complete. But I find it convenient to keep track of proposals and development.  Whenever I learn something about a piece of property, I try to add it here, whether its past, present or future.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pr-IMp05NJWFPWkARvNORbVY_Jr8ea0F&usp=sharing

Comments welcome.

TimmyB

• T
Re: I made an interactive map of downtown.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 10:07:21 AM »
Oh my goodness, you read my mind.  To a newbie like myself, my mind is completely blown away by all these projects as I don't know DT well enough to know where these things really are.  (And, DT basically is anything between Riverside and the stadiums, for me!)

This is SO helpful, at least to one person.  Thank you!!!

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 10:14:37 AM »
This is AWESOME!

Tacachale

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 10:26:14 AM »
Awesome! Thanks, Lostwave. Lake, we may need to borrow this for the Modern Cities monthly updates - with Lostwave's permission of course.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Lostwave

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 10:52:51 AM »
Awesome! Thanks, Lostwave. Lake, we may need to borrow this for the Modern Cities monthly updates - with Lostwave's permission of course.

Of course.  Half of the info I got from these two sites.  Do with it as you please.

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John- www.jasonjohnart.com
    • Jason John Website
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 11:17:38 AM »
Wonderful Job

Tacachale

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 12:04:06 PM »

Of course.  Half of the info I got from these two sites.  Do with it as you please.

Thanks!
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 12:16:34 PM »
Yes, this is great. It should be an easy to find element of the website. I'll get with Lunican and see how we can make something happen with it.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Tacachale

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 12:52:23 PM »
Yes, this is great. It should be an easy to find element of the website. I'll get with Lunican and see how we can make something happen with it.

It's really easy. You just grab the code (click "embed map"), then paste in an article. I did it with a similar map in the Civil War memorials articles, so just take a look at those.

Lostwave, we can credit you for the map in the articles if you like, just PM us with your name.

Lostwave

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 01:18:40 PM »
Lostwave, we can credit you for the map in the articles if you like, just PM us with your name.

You don't have to.  But if you do, just credit Lostwave.

RatTownRyan

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 01:24:42 PM »
Looks great. I have something similar on my google earth with infomation gathered from Metro and Modern. One thing I saw the other day that you may want to tweak is Loft of Lavilla phase 2 is called Lofts at Jefferson station ( saw that in J mag). Some of the other stuff I have are the waterway access points and where they want to implement two ways streets and road diets. There is just something amazing about seeing everything on a single interactive map!

Captain Zissou

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 03:38:53 PM »
AWESOME!!! This is your call, but since you took the development all the way down to San Marco Square and St Nick (represent!!), you may want to add in the apartments on the river at the end of Bishopgate.  Not sure what name they are going by now, but it's the old Hallmark proposal site.  They're on the edge of Brooklyn, so I consider them downtown/urban.

https://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2017-oct-more-infill-housing-underway-in-jaxs-urban-core

Found it!

jaxrox

• Juno Who
    • Personal Page  FOLLOW ME IF YOU DARE
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 09:48:08 PM »
Way cool! Thank you for doing this, Lostwave!  8)