Author Topic: Save this House! Applications to purchase from PSOS  (Read 1688 times)

iloveionia

Save this House! Applications to purchase from PSOS
« on: December 17, 2017, 02:18:26 PM »
301 E 5th Street. Accepting applications for purchase beginning today. We base our decisions on a "Restoration Rubric." Use the rubric to submit a written proposal to preservationsos@yahoo.com. We will accept applications through 1/1/18.

Rubric: https://goo.gl/STUhHR

Historic Home: https://goo.gl/5LoiQo - - this link is not working - - - and for the life of me I've no clue how to post pictures here.   

For a photo, this link will provide one:
https://preservationsos.wordpress.com/2017/12/17/save-this-house-301-e-5th-street/

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:34:27 PM by iloveionia »

iloveionia

Re: Save this House! Applications to purchase from PSOS
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 03:35:34 PM »

Bill Hoff

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 08:38:59 AM »
I believe it has a buyer - and a good one, at that.

JaxUnicorn

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 02:30:17 PM »
On Tuesday, January 23, 2018 this historic structure was officially transferred into the hands of someone who will be restoring her to her full glory.  This old gal got a stay of execution and I cannot wait to watch her transformation!
Kim Pryor...Historic Springfield Resident...PSOS Founding Member

jaxnyc79

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 04:12:47 PM »
Out of curiosity - is SPAR amenable to increasing Springfield’s density on some of its empty lots with either townhomes or mid-rise apartment complexes, as long as they’re architecturally consistent with the neighborhood character?  Are parking requirements strictly enforced, or does Springfield aim to be pedestrian-centric versus auto-centric?  Thanks.

Bill Hoff

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 06:36:57 PM »
Out of curiosity - is SPAR amenable to increasing Springfield’s density on some of its empty lots with either townhomes or mid-rise apartment complexes, as long as they’re architecturally consistent with the neighborhood character?  Are parking requirements strictly enforced, or does Springfield aim to be pedestrian-centric versus auto-centric?  Thanks.

Don't want to hijack this thread, as a loooong vacant fantastic historic home was just purchased by capable & competent buyer.....

But to your questions:

> Agreeable? Sure, hypothetically. The devil is in the details.

> Much of the neighborhood has no parking requirements. SPAR -in general- is not a fan of adding barriers to development at the moment. Springfield is very much pedestrain-centric currently, and will likely stay that way.